Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Finally a screenshot on this "BUG". Or maybe there is an easy fix to this.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 7th Jul 2006 07:08
Dont know if this is a bug or not? People here I have asked before didnt seems to understand what I meant when I explained it, so I will take it again with a screenshot!
Its very easy, when a Character dies the body is not falling to the ground! It stays in the air about 1 meter (about 1 Yard) over the ground(!) All other animations works fine. But are there anybody that can tell Me how to move the corpse to the ground. Its only My models that got problems, and I am using fragmotion and milkshape to export. Anyone that have had the same problem when using theese softwares for X-Import and X-Export... (I wont give up until this problem is fixed...)

Menu Extreme! The answer to Your save & load problem...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2006 07:12
Just use a disappear1.fpi script.

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2006 07:41
I dont want the corpse to disappear! If it was that easy I courld fix it Myself...

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2006 07:52
Here is a jpeg picture for a faster view!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Me Self
Years of Service
User Offline
Send us a small test of your game and we will se if we can see if its just your computer .
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2006 08:20
Its not a game, its just a flat floor with one enemy on. I made it for this picture. But I can do it again and place the testgame here! Can I upload 50MB here nowdays?

Stamina
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2006 19:18 Edited at: 7th Jul 2006 19:20
ME SELF @
Quote: "Send us a small test of your game and we will se if we can see if its just your computer . "

Why would it be "JUST HIS COMPUTER"? That makes no sense.

The computer itself doesnt decide where entities end up, the game engine does. The computer merely interperates it's to the screen.
I am by no means a programmer, but one thing I do know is how computers work, since that is my business. So maybe if you feel thats the case, please expand your reasoning.
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2006 06:08
I think it Make sence! And Other people can easyer help Me to fix this "newerletgoprob" .
So I will make a small rar file with both the .fpe file and the X-file Character that I had problem with.
I have alot to do so I think I can upload it tomorrow. (Greetings)

Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2006 07:05
Is this after you shoot them? f iso I had it happen to me a few times and sometimes they would fall off of a building and stop 1/2 way down and just float there.
Never did find why.

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2006 09:03 Edited at: 9th Jul 2006 03:32
If you've altered the source(as stated in your showcase post) then your going to get all sorts of inconcistancies. Since we don't have your source it would probbably be impossible for us to help you. Perhaps someone familiar with the sourcecode could be of more help.

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2006 20:44
I have reinstalled after that! MANY TIMES!!! WHY NOT JUST ASK FIRST???

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2006 21:49
um whatever

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2006 22:45
if it's a custom character it could just be that the bounce back animation is finishing 10 frames to early. THat happened to me and made them float.

some of them twitched too.

it was quite exciting.

"It's often better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're an idiot, than to open it and confirm their suspisions" - Noel Coward
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2006 01:58
Its ok Distubing 13.. Please just ask next time will ya!
Butter fingers:
Thanks I will check that out! TGC said it could be the .bin files. Sounds darn strange to Me....

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 23:22:43
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 23:22:43