Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Alternative Solution for save/load function

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2006 08:14 Edited at: 7th Jul 2006 08:15
Hello,

I had this idea for awhile now, didn't really care for it because I haven't made a full game yet, so I'm just giving the idea away. Perhaps if you create a game loader ( kind of like a website that runs off a CD ) using HTML works like a menu, then put a link on the MAIN page titled 'MAPS', then on the maps page have all the different levels listed by running a program FROM the page. Of course, in this case, there won't be any need for a level skip cheat code, or no need to play the games story in order, but other possibilites may occur when using this method, like divide each game into episodes, and plus you would be able to use different 'in-game' menus for each level/episodes as well. When I get home, I'm going to work on a template for this idea and will give out to everybody that thinks this is a good idea. Anybody think this is a good idea?

Straight outta compton
Me Self
Years of Service
User Offline
So your saying , that when you click the link , it just loads ? or like downlaod the level's one by one .
TheDude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2006 08:37
It will load as long as the program is in the root folder of the page itself. If the program doesn't load, it means the link doesn't know where the program is. So long story short, the link will take you to the location of the progtram and open the program.

Straight outta compton
FPS FAN
Years of Service
User Offline
it s a good diear but i would like to update it put in a pasword on each leval that you need to ype in when you go from leval one to leavl 2 for exampel leval one lodes first at the endof the leval there is a pasword for exapel 4297123 and that will unlok leval 2 on the HTMl page it is a n idear that needs refineing but i like it or you could set up a steam like service wehn you finish a leval you downode the next ect
TheDude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2006 14:57
FPS FAN: I dont't really know how to do that, but if you find the code, I might put it in, sounds a little more complicated. Im going to buy Adobe Imageready sometime within the next 2 months, and when I buy it, I'll start this project.

Straight outta compton

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 23:29:10
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 23:29:10