Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
can i trigger enemys from say the exact triger zone block/icon.
i understand you have to select area of trigger with shift key and place charactor not to spwn at start within this area, but soon as u hit the area thay spawn, id like to make enemy appear say behind the player as you attemp to open a safe door?

also on the subject of spawning what time is the delay working on , i.e delay: 1 <--- is that 1 second or min or hour ?

thanks
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2006 11:19
ok then place the trigger in front of the safe door. you can have a bazillion trigger zones. i beleive it is 1 second

Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2006 13:38 Edited at: 8th Jul 2006 13:38
delay wise im pretty sure 1000 is a second actully but i may be wrong i just seem to remember it being the same as the way the sleep command works in dbpro

Thanks
Adam
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2006 13:58
It's been a while since I messed with triggers. but all in all you probably do not want them respawning just place trigger zones calling on the enamy and then place the enemy and then set him as appear at start "NO" this worked for me and it helped a bit with the fps.

RF

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2006 16:48
RF is right theres really no point in allowing all enemies to spawn at game level start as it will influence fps as you move through the level.

If you can afford to loose even 1 fps to enemies alone then fine - personally I need every single extra fps I can get - so dont allow them at level start and spawn/remove as I go.

"I am and forever will be your friend"
FPSnut
Years of Service
User Offline
hi

you enter a room at the back of the room is a locked safe door as u stand on the floor (1tile/block) infront of the door enemy spawn hehind you.
prob im trying to over come is the whole room is a trigger zone as it needs to be to spawn enemy with apear script.
so problem is soon as u enter room the enemy trigger as its the zone.

i was wondering on 2 things? can u remotely trigger spawn i.e stand on 1 block area and trigger an event in another area without other area being in a zone,

or is there a way to trigger say when the player trys to open door (as u hit the use key)?

i can remap to work a differnt senerio but i thought current idea would be better, as theres a guard behind desk infront of safe telling player to go away or get permission etc.

thnks guys
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2006 02:24
FPSNut...

I think I know what you want. I have done a similar thing too.
Download the FPM and load it up. In the main section of AI scripts of the triggerzone I use:

Go through the door and walk to the other door. When you walk in front of the door the two enemies will spawn. They are not in the trigger zone.

There are probably better ways to do this though. This is just the method I use.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
FPSnut
Years of Service
User Offline
Thraxas

thats exactly what im trying to do il give it ago now.
thing that springs to mind is enemy settings, will i have to use script in enemy properties aswell as trigger ?

thanks alot m8
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2006 01:30
No you don't have to change the enemy scripts. Just make the enemy not spawn at the start, and give it a name which you will use in the "if used" section of the trigger zone. So if you name your enemy "BadGuy" make sure it says BadGuy in the if used section of the trigger zone.
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2006 21:51
try not to trigger to many enemies as I personally have had fps problems. I had 18 triggered. I think the fact that my level was fairly small had somethign to do with it. so remember to do things in proportion. you would not see 23 bad guys in a room the size of a bathroom and you would probably see more people in a fairly large hanger.

RF

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2006 23:31
uh dont you just need to use the plrinzoneactivateifused script in the script bank?

"It's often better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're an idiot, than to open it and confirm their suspisions" - Noel Coward
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
That's what I thought, too. Just place a Triggerzone and right click-it. Set its main script to plrinzoneactivateifused.fpi and set its Ifused to enemyambush
Now right-click on your enemy and set its name to enemyambush, and set its Spawn at start to No.
That is all you need. Once the player steps into the trigger zone, the enemy will spawn wherever it is placed (which, presumably, you placed behind the player when they are in that zone).

Tom

FPSnut
Years of Service
User Offline
perfect , works great 3 enemys with a high rate of fire RUN
that will teach people to listen to what charactors say

thanks peeps well happy with effect

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 01:23:16
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 01:23:16