Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Make sure you enter the competition this time and

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2006 00:08
don't allow yourself to be robbed of the chance to win some cool prizes! http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=83678&b=21

I just want to encourage everyone to enter something this time! These guys put lot's of work into it and the prize list is impressive! I'm a bit embarrased when I look at the number of entries of the last constest.

I really do see great advantages for the community with this ongoing contest.

First of all competition is good! It helps you to excell in what you do. It gives you a goal to work towards to. Through having themes it helps you to learn to work on areas of FPSC you may otherwise never touch. It helps you to improve your work, since you will not be the only one that enters the contest. It helps you to be creative and innovative.... you need to create something better then the others to win and may need some creativitiy and new ideas.

I'm hoping that this competition will catch on and many will enter. That way it will become a real contest, not just one with a few entries. The advantages of a real contest are numerous for a community. It helps is grow and improve our work. It helps us to create better levels, not the same old ones we see presented time after time.

The theme of this competition is excellent. You need to come up with something creative to satisfy the theme. So put your mind to work and dig into FPSC to create something cool! Settings don't matter.... so if you like Scifi you can enter. If you like WW2 you can enter. If you like Medieval you can enter. If you like Modern Day settings you can enter. Whatever surrounding you like you can enter that!

If you like Zombies, you can enter! If you like Soldiers, you can enter! If you like Evil Scientists, you can enter! If you like Androids, you can enter! Just make sure they wave at the player.... eh, sorry I meant to say come in waves toward the player. That's the nut you must crack and it's a good one to help you learn more of FPSC.

So be creative, let your mind work and enter something this time! (Before you ask, yes, I did enter already, not to win but to help making this contest a success because it is worth it.)

Now I do understand that not everyone has time to enter, I didn't have it when the first contest was on, but if you have some spare time devote to entering this competition and you may win something cool.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2006 00:25
I'll be entering for sure.

FPSnut
Years of Service
User Offline
il have a fiddle and see if i can work out how to do a wave attack.

if i can il enter
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2006 01:49
I guess money isn't popular.I wouldn't mind having an extra $50.

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2006 01:54
I want the $50 again, so I must win, I must!

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2006 02:31
I do hope to get many more entries this time; good luck to all who enter.

-Keith

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2006 12:56
can someone explian to me in detail what a wave based game is...if its a one leve room...someone has to give out a script for respawning entities or its not fair for newbs (and me) who want to enter the contest but have no idea how to make an enemy respawn

http://www.shockforums.tk
brummel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2006 13:54
Its easy to make it respawn. Rightclick on the enemies and change the respawn settings for it like respawn when dead and so on.

Dont forget to visit my website for scripts!
HandK
Years of Service
User Offline
I know Ive said this before. And I dont want anyone to think I just want to come round and steal your mouse.

But the competition needs either, a postal address, (And in fact one adress in each continant), or an offical way to send unbuilt levels

Im not the only one here who has difficulty uploading 110mb, and the less competition entries are limited, the better.

@ xplosys,
Thankyou for you offer to post my level when its finished. I sent you a "Ping" email, and it was returned as undeliverabe. (But Im willing to acccpt that might be my fault).
If your offer is still open, then Ill post you it if I cannot make other arrangments. Thanks

H&K

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 01:27:42
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 01:27:42