Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Machinema

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm interested in using FPSC for machinema, and have some basic questions before purchase:

1) Is it possible to turn the HUD off completely? (No meters or life bars or anything, just the eye-view)

2) Does the multiplayer mode support observers? (Basically floating cameras - disembodied players)

3) Is there any facial animation to the models? Mouth movement?

4) Is it possible to use an animated image for the sky?

5) Do the players have built in socials like waving and high fiving, or would that have to be scripted?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give. It looks like a cool program.
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2006 22:55
Luke Skyslacker,

Greetings.

Quote: "I'm interested in using FPSC for machinema, and have some basic questions before purchase:

1) Is it possible to turn the HUD off completely? (No meters or life bars or anything, just the eye-view)

2) Does the multiplayer mode support observers? (Basically floating cameras - disembodied players)

3) Is there any facial animation to the models? Mouth movement?

4) Is it possible to use an animated image for the sky?

5) Do the players have built in socials like waving and high fiving, or would that have to be scripted?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give. It looks like a cool program. "

1. Sure. It is possible to remove all HUD graphics from the display.

2. At this time, observation mode is not available.

3. Stock media does not provide any facial animation.

4. To my knowledge, it is not possible to use an animated skybox.

5. "Socials" would have to be incorporated into animations, and be cued by scripting.

FPSC is not bad, but it still has a long way to evolve before it can compete with major engines. Specifically for Machinema, it might not be what you seek. The Unreal engine is top notch, in this regard.

Hope this helps you in your endeavors.

Thanks,

Seth Black

"...I'm sorry, could you repeat your question a little louder? I'm a trifle deaf in this ear."

- Willie Wonka
Jordan Siddall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2006 23:24
It's spelled Machinima. There is a story behind the misspelling of Machinima.

FPSC isn't a very good engine to create Machinima in my opinion.

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 13th Jul 2006 23:39
It shourld work fine.

Menu Extreme! The answer to Your save & load problem...
Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2006 00:05
Machinima
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
A scene from the popular machinima series Red vs Blue.
Enlarge
A scene from the popular machinima series Red vs Blue.

Machinima (IPA: [mə.ˈʃiː.nə.mə] or [mə.ˈʃɪ.nə.mə]), a portmanteau of machine cinema or machine animation, is both a collection of associated production techniques and a film genre (film created by such production techniques). As a production technique, the term concerns the rendering of computer-generated imagery (CGI) using real-time, interactive (game) 3D engines, as opposed to high-end and complex 3D animation software used by professionals. Engines from first person shooter video games are typically used. Consequently, the rendering can be done in real-time using PCs (either using the computer of the creator or the viewer), rather than with complex 3D engines using huge render farms. As a film genre, the term refers to movies created by the techniques described above. Usually, machinimas are produced using the tools (demo recording, camera angle, level editor, script editor, etc.) and resources (backgrounds, levels, characters, skins, etc.) available in a game.

Machinima is an example of emergent gameplay, a process of putting game tools to unexpected ends, and of artistic computer game modification. The real-time nature of machinima means that established techniques from traditional film-making can be reapplied in a virtual environment. As a result, production tends to be cheaper and more rapid than in keyframed CGI animation.

Although most often used to produce recordings that are later edited as in conventional film, machinima techniques have also occasionally been used for theatre. A New York improvisational comedy group called the ILL Clan voice and puppet their characters before a virtual camera to produce machinima displayed on a screen to a live audience.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machinima

Just had to see what it was.

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2006 00:14 Edited at: 14th Jul 2006 00:15
Machinima
From Merranvos internationally reclaimed Mind

The act of digitalizing the player into a virtual world and storing their brainwaves to create a robotic society. If the person is over 40 then they are transphered to the big brain sucker to suck all their brainwaves out. Durring this process random movements occur in the digitalized world the player is stored in which is recorded and saved as proof of concept. This proof is eventually leaked on the net. Ignoring the fact that millions of people died while making it, it is often viewed as commedy and a way to have good times.

The True Machinima, by Merranvo.

You can move the player up and down using scripts.

Your Mod was deleted by the Government.
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2006 00:32
Merranvo dosnt FEAR Me anymore! He writes at the same thread as I? I did try His menu program, sadly it didnt work....

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2006 00:57
Yes... insulting a better programmer who makes a menu system that allows a person to generate menus... smart. Perhaps instead of insulting me you could look at the code... fix it, then try selling it as menu extreme? Personally I don't find it interesting any more...

Your Mod was deleted by the Government.
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2006 02:50
Its ok Merranvo... But it wasnt nice of You to start a Riker 9 tread the same minute as I released the news about Menu Extreme! I had worked very hard with that program... On the other hand You seems to know DBP pretty well! Im sure You will be able to do alot with the source code in the future... Why not downloading the DBP update 6.2b that will make the fpsc source code work without mods...

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2006 05:58 Edited at: 14th Jul 2006 05:59
Mr. Love,
I've heard enough about Menu Extreme.At least Merranvo posted his app along with his willingness to help anyone who actually puts effort into it to make it work.And if I recall the thread he posted it in correctly he did state any shortcomings the app might have had.
I have seen zip from Menu Extreme.Not only have you been told not to bring Menu Extreme up unitl you have some kind of download...like an app,a demo,a video but bringing it up in a thread like this is considered spamming.Not only that but you took the opportunity at the same time to take a cheap shot at someone else's app and the person who made it after you spammed someone else's thread.
If you choose to continue down this pathway you will no doubt earn yourself a slap or ban for such behavior.
Quit spamming.

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2006 06:44
Are You stupied or something? It was Merranvo who was BRINGING IT UP!!!

Merranvo said:
"fix it, then try selling it as menu extreme?"

I didnt bring it up first!!! Your a MOD now and please try act like one!
- A MOD shall not be on sombodys side! Otherwise Your not a MOD You are a MOB!!!

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2006 07:09 Edited at: 15th Jul 2006 07:10
Before that you posted:
Quote: "Merranvo dosnt FEAR Me anymore! He writes at the same thread as I? I did try His menu program, sadly it didnt work....
"

You started it.
BTW I quote you again...
Quote: "Are You stupied or something?"

I believe you misspelled "stupid".
This argument is over.
And I don't take sides.

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2006 07:17
"Merranvo dosnt FEAR Me anymore! He writes at the same thread as I? I did try His menu program, sadly it didnt work...."

It was a joke OK... Im sorry but I just dont find the words Menu Extreme here....
Now this argument is over!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 01:25:41
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 01:25:41