Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Very slow movement when playing the game.

Author
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2006 18:22
In my test games everything seems to work fine. When I build a game, (right now just 2 levels). and try to play it my little person moves so slow. Even just moving to look around is slow. I have disabled everything that I can on my pc. to try and gain speed, nothing seems to work. All the stuff in my game is STOCK FPS. Please someone help.

Dell 8400
Pentium 4 3.00ghz
nvidia 6800 GS 91.31 driver
3 gig ddr2 memory
350 watt power supply
direct x 9.0C

This problem is not just on my pc, I have another one in the living room and its even slower. It's a dell 2400 stock except an evaga 5200 video card.

bombs away
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2006 19:26
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=72892&b=21

this thread may help a bit. There are about a thousand different threads on low fps (frames per secend) You should try searching for them. I don't intend to sound mean I am just offering a little advice.

RF

MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2006 19:34
thank you.

bombs away
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2006 22:46
MK83,

Yes there a lot of threads about gameplay speed issues.

If you have to disable programs on a machine to get FPSC to run then that should not be so in as much as it should not be required as a pre - requisite for running any program.

Certainly FPSC can behave quite differently on individual users machines. You certainly need a fast machine to run it and one which well exceeds the mimimum recommended requirement is advised.

There are ways to boost performance and they will be found in the said threads.

"I am and forever will be your friend"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 01:30:34
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 01:30:34