Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / okay here lets try this again

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2006 07:00
on my first Q: was tgc brought out a update to fpscreator in july that you needed DBpro to uses it i just needed help on how tomake it work the secont Q: was how to make full lights work see i cant give you a screen shot cause nothing happens i build my level and and my lights then when i go to test game it starts loading but stops atcreating lights sorry if i was not clear when i first posted these
Steam Assassin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2006 08:46
Your still not being very clear.

For your first question, are you asking if you need DBPro to use the FPSC? If so, of course not. That would be foolish.

Don't mess with Texas!
...Internet? What the hell is that!
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2006 09:38
does it freeze at creating lights or does it just take a looong time to load? Cuz if you have allot of lights in your level then it will take a loooong time to make lightmaps.

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2006 13:07 Edited at: 26th Jul 2006 13:08
I think he is trying to say, was there was an update release for FPSC this month that was only an update for DBPro users?

A: Not that I am aware of

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2006 14:01
If you cant speak english or use the correct grammar, dont speak at all because most of the time we cant understand you, your better off having problems than giving us head aches reading your bad english.
Stamina
Years of Service
User Offline
The more lights you have in a level, and depending on if you have all the settings set to the best quality, it will take a long time rendering your game when it comes to doing the light mapping. Plus your computer specs will have a lot to do with it as well.
HandK
Years of Service
User Offline
The Source was changed so that it would work with the update of DBPro.

FPSC wasnt updated at all. DBPro was updated, and as such FPSC needed to be changed to accomidate this. (FPSC wasnt "updated" in the classic sence)

H&K
seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2006 10:12
okay i cant spell but here we go again i have dark basic pro now look at this months issue in there is a upgrade for fps creator and you need dark basic pro to install it i want to know how to install it right ware it works what it does is speed up the game and two other thing i cant think of and the other problem was the lights yes it freezes but not likr it stops working it just stay there and i know it take a long time to load up but not over 20 min and dude i dont have bad gramer i just suck in english so i dont know how to but . and all that other stuff in the right place so i dont do it i just run on my sentces i know i cant spell sorry no need to lose your head over it here this thing they gave me to in stall it i guess it not a install as much as overwrighting the progame

Attachments

Login to view attachments
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2006 10:27
Don't post the same thing in more than one thread.

Netdemons
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2006 10:34
He wants to know if there is an FPSC update because (he says) according to the newsletter there is one out.

(now to re-write what I wrote in his other thread just before it got deleted, thankyou FredP )

There is no FPSC update. None. Zero. Not happening.

Where you've gotten confused is where it says:
1. In the new DBP update you will be able to use FPSC scripting collisions - in DBP

2. Where it talks about why they never talk about the FPSC update that is coming.

Hope this clears it up.

www.netdemons.co.uk - Creator of Recon : Crypt
Gamertag : Memory X2
FernandoK
Years of Service
User Offline
Don't worry about your spelling. And, please, ask anything you want.
seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2006 23:02
thank you for your help the most frustrating thing in the world is to ask for help and have someone have an issue because the request is not stated how they like it. Let me show you im not crazy, Upgrade 6.2 introduces further enhancements to the language. The most important for FPS Creator owners is the fact that 6.2 can fully compile the FPS Creator source code, without any modifications. As reported elsewhere this issue, 6.2 also fully supports models exported from Sketch Up. When you download 6.2 you can also download the expansion pack for the FPS creator that allows you to update all the things that they said they are going to fix. To my understanding you have to download Dark Basic Pro 6.2 and the U62 extras. Now I do own both DB Pro and FPS creator, what I am trying to figure out is how do I use DB Pro and their update to be able to use it in the FPS creator. On the light things I just give up! FOr some reason it will not work for me, if anyone knows have to make the full lights work please let me know, I am not sure if it is my program or not.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 04:00:14
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 04:00:14