Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Signs II has very major issues!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2006 14:26
I still can't use Signs II! I can only use 2 .tga files: Red.tga and Green.tga, which i don't want to use. I want to use my textures. Which are the exact same thing as red.tga and green.tga, except a different pattern, like i have WoodA.tga,WoodB.tga, and Medical flag.tga, and none of them work.
Stamina
Years of Service
User Offline
Never had that problem. Mine works great. Might want to uninstall and reinstall and see what happens.
Red Raven Media
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2006 14:41
ok, i'll try that
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 26th Jul 2006 16:16
I have never had a problem with SignsII, nor do I know of anyone else who has. If the problem persists, try some textures from the forum or download some to see if it is your textures causing the problem. You can also use jpeg files.

Crazy Grandpa
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 26th Jul 2006 19:45
I belive SignsII has a serious bug.. When adding lights there is a problem with the spread of light sometimes. It dosnt always happens though. It just looks like someone has cut of the light with a knife.. Except this bug I love SignsII, Its a great idea to just use textures! But if something is missing, it is the bullet holes settings. That shourld be implemented if possible... To make sure that the light probs really are a bug I will also try TGCs Segment Builder as well...
Anyway, You Who made SignsII made a great job...
Well done!!!

I want to see a FPSC Professional! And lets make it REALLY expensive this time......
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2006 05:56
I have not had a problem with Signs II and I am pretty sure if you e-mail the genius (Tschwarz) that made it he can help you resolve any issues you might have.

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2006 06:12
I can send some screenies... Maybe I am to mutch of a perfectionist?
(Starting to hate to run back and forward from My PC to the Mac with My memorycard...)

I want to see a FPSC Professional! And lets make it REALLY expensive this time......
tschwarz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2006 07:39
Hey there, I'm the one responsible for Signs.

FredP - I've been called a lot of things in my life but, not usually that nice..thanks

Red Raven Media - Please post one of the images so I can take a look and see what's happening.

Mr Love - I would like to see a screen shot of the lighting problem.

I'm currently updating Signs again to be more customizable and want to fix (or try to fix) any current problems.

Also, I need some help because I'm a little stumped.
Saw a post about bullet holes not working so I spent a few hours today testing. I thought it was the image that is causing the problem. I did some testing with the images included with fpsc, used the same directory structure blah blah blah......The image or directory / naming convention had not impact.

What I have determined is that it has to be the mesh, because if I use an existing mesh from fpsc the bullet holes appear. That doesn't make since to me. Can anybody verify this or come up with a different reason.

Thank you.
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2006 11:58
Sure, I will fix the screenies.. Hey tschwarz, I guess You know alot of the segment makers that exist here around. (For FPSC.) Do You know if any of them has texture UV Scaling? TGCs Segment Creator dosnt have it Im afraid. It shourld be there! I mean all textures dosnt fit the FPSC Segments so it wourld be great if You with a seamless texture courld scale a wall or floor texture to that size that You want... The only way You can do it today is to scale it in a paint program...
If this dosnt exist today, wourldnt that be perfect for the next version of Signs? Or maybe a later version.. Its really strange that UV Scaling isnt standard in all Segment Creators.. tschwarz, what do You think about this idea? And wourld it be to hard to implement???
FredP is right, it takes a smart Guy to create something like SignsII...
Good Work...

Red Raven Media
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2006 19:00 Edited at: 27th Jul 2006 19:02
Screenshot of what happens when i use .tga files

Sorry but my writing on the screenshot is alittle messy since i was writing quickly

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Red Raven Media
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2006 19:03
My .tga i want to use

Attachments

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2006 19:12 Edited at: 27th Jul 2006 19:14
it says its not a valid .tga, so its not sighns its your texture. Itried opening it in Paintshop pro and that was the error it gave me.

Stamina
Years of Service
User Offline
is it an actual .TGA or did someone just change the extension to .TGA?
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2006 20:05
Have you tried a different image format?

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 27th Jul 2006 20:58
Just for information, I also could not open the file with PhotoShop.

Crazy Grandpa
tschwarz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2006 21:31 Edited at: 27th Jul 2006 21:50
The file is a jpg file not tga, Signs has a an error trap if it cannot open a file, so the program won't crash. I renamed your file to woodb.jpg and it loads fine. How are your images getting renamed to .tga?

Mr Love - I'll take a look at what it would take to scale, rotate, etc.. the texture onto the mesh. Not sure if this would be something I would put into Signs though . . Can you show me an example of when a texture doesn't line up to a wall or floor in fpsc. Thanks
Red Raven Media
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2006 04:40
oh whoops. I named it a .tga so when i use entity maker it loads. So I guess signsII works with .jpg files then, and i was saving them as .tga files when i made it in photoshop, so i should use them as .jpg files appearently, well thanks for the help
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2006 06:18
Thats Great! As I said it wourld be great if You courld UV Scale the textures and also move them up,down,left,right with precision.... But there is no need for a rotate function I think. (Or is it?)
Anyway, here is the textures I promised....

Picture1:
Here is an exampel why We need UV Scaling....
This is a glasswall that need to be scaled down alot!

Attachments

Red Raven Media
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2006 06:21
lol i see what you mean
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2006 06:25
I also have the pictures of the "Light-Bug"....

Picture2:
Here We can see how the light is cut off..
(Its so serious that You cant use this segment!)

Attachments

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2006 06:35
Thanks for that comment Red Raven Media. Im not alone... Im not alone... JK LOL!!

Picture3:
Here is another light in the same room...
(This light looks like it shourld..)

Hope You did get something out of theese pictures tschwarz......

Attachments

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2006 06:37
What the he......... That smiley has three eyes!!! Lees revenge!!!

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2006 06:40
No. It wasnt Lee, It was My own fault... Thank God!!!

Red Raven Media
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2006 07:35
lol
hungry hunter
Years of Service
User Offline
Mr Love, is that a room segment or a wall segment / entity?

also
I have a fix for the bullet hole problem. I will post a link on my site which will fix that until the next release. The fix will work for both Signs II and III. I will post it within a few hours.
tschwarz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2006 08:45 Edited at: 29th Jul 2006 08:45
Crap, I just posted the above message using one of the tech's computers and didn't notice he was logged on. Anyway, I'll have him edit it tomorrow.

Mr Love, is that a room segment or a wall segment / entity?

also
I have a fix for the bullet hole problem. I will post a link on my site which will fix that until the next release. The fix will work for both Signs II and III.

The fix and instructions are now available at:

http://www.fpsconline.com/
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2006 12:17
Nice thanks.. If it is a segment or a segment/entity? It shourld be a natural segment, nothing else.. That kind of segment You "paint" with.. I dont think You can do that with an entity.. I did this one using SignsII. And that little "button" was set on segment, so I trust it is? It took Me under 60 seconds to make the room segment on the picture, this is why I like SignsII...
Looking forward to see future versions.....

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2006 01:31
By the way tschwarz.. I dont now if You can or want to implement UV Scaling.. But real UV Scaling shourld be able to scale both in vertical and horizontal, so You can get the exact shape You want..
(Im sure You now it, but it is best to make sure....)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 03:53:36
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 03:53:36