Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Old 2D Art

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2002 09:42
Not sure if anyone remembers, but these were up for a very breif time (i think about 2hours) in RGT...
well anyways i found the tiger again and just wonder what everyone thinks now i can post and it won't be deleted for no apparent reason

this is the unedited jpg output of the tiger

this one is of another character

if you wonder who the original artist was (way better than anything i've sketched) then you may be interested to know it they're my girlfriends. She has a thing for tigers

Now these next few pick are just a few concepts that never saw the light of day ...

[imghttp://members.lycos.co.uk/TimeSaga/darkbasic/2d/ship2.jpg[/img]

these two were for a comic, first one was too "friendly" as my girl put it so i thensketched the second which was perfect

final pics... this one is of a quick scene and render in max - was mainly a quick test of something. But came out better than expected

and this one i just found laying around, which is an early copy of DoeMox by Mofux ... this one has a world developed by his brother and a weapon developed by myself

well most of this is just a bunch of crap i wanna show off, kill the void - feel like i haven't shown work in ages

but plenty more very soon as tommorrow is break from all projects day - so what i'm gonna do is just work on my zoids main character tommorrow. Not found my Maya CD yet so have to be in Max - but should allow me to get my spline skills upto scratch.
Holy jumping mother of god NOOOO!!!...
Ahem I mean, I'll think about it
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2002 10:06

really need to check over my posts better

Holy jumping mother of god NOOOO!!!...
Ahem I mean, I'll think about it
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2002 15:24
Aww I've missed your showcase posts Vegeta - there's always something for everyone .

The Tiger's my fave - looks great. MoFux's engine is great too though - very MOH.

Van-B
Garfield1983
Years of Service
User Offline
Brilliant Vegeta, your girlfriend is certainly a great artist, that tiger scares me!lol

Love your render too, the colours are perfect.

As yet I have nothing to showcase myself so I'm more than happy to dream over other peoples work, no matter how long ago it was done. Keep up the good work!=)

**I have to check over my posts too, I think this is the first one i've made with no spelling mistakes=S**
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2003 22:12
cool artwork, Although the elfish head on the tiger thing is too high - mind u its a creature that doesn't exist so what do I know? lol

I like the Pyramid shipy thing, Looks kinda DB inspired

And the screenie looks damn cool, the weapon is nicely textured too

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2003 09:00
Everyone has their own style, and with it their own set of anatomy. I'm an artist my self (although I have no site to show it off). One day I hope to be as good as Hiroshi Minagawa (FF Tactics, Vagrant story) and maybe even as good as Yoshitaka Amano (Vampire Hunter D, The FF 1-6 and 9). That man is at a nearly God-like status in my book. Anywho maybe I'll start a site tomarrow to show case my artistic abillity(I love Brackets ).

Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a man?
Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of samishi?
Never assume that what you see or feel is real.
Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2003 11:05
QUOTE: well most of this is just a bunch of crap i wanna show off ... END QUOTE:

Say no more.

Spec - AMD Athlon 1000mhz - 256mb DDR - Gforce2mx 400 TV out - 30gb HD - 19" Compaq - DVD rom - CDRW - Firewire - ATI TV card - All linked to another PC with higher spec
denki
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 00:55
Nice Stuff Raven!

Amano is awesome! I'm just no good with paint YET! I'd love to be able to do art like him!

[url][/url]
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 01:19
u tagged your images with cookies raven that i have blocked.

one cookie would have been enough. lol

Code Junkie
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow...those tigers are absolutely great....i sketch alot myself and even tinker around with paint shop pro and such but man.....i can't draw a tiger like that....*speachless*....the eyes and the ears reeeallly display the emotion. I hope to see more art from ppl on these boards

"Beer is the cuase and solution to all of lifes problems" Homer Simpson
Killer Sponge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2003 17:51
ur g/f is a good artist wish i cud draw like that

Current Project: Lode Runner Db (Working Name)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 11:15:07
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 11:15:07