Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Nitro Nikki Download Now!.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2003 03:34
Ok. I have finally decided enough is enough and have uploaded NN to the web.
I have not had chance to add all the things I wanted to but I hope you will still enjoy this game . Keys are as follows but you can redefine them.

Cursor Keys.... Move
Shift... Thrust
Z... Fire.
P.... Pause or bring up menu.

There are loads and loads of little cheats and effects you can access but I will let you find all those out. Oh and if you check out the options you can play a classic 2d style version of the game as well as the full 3d game.

If you go off screen time will freeze so you can plan where you enter the screen again. This was added to try and make the game feel like the wrap around screen games.

Ok... Enough typing here is the link

http://www.melted.com/spectural/storage/NikkiNitrov2.zip

If that doesn't work try copying this into your web browser.

http://www.melted.com/spectural/storage/NikkiNitrov2.zip

Also I look forward to playing all your games too, some of them look really sweet.
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2003 19:35 Edited at: 7th Apr 2003 19:52
It looks really REALLY nice but unfortunately I get a few problems...

1.) On the menu the selection keeps reverting back to the start game choice, it wont let me go onto options.

2.) It's stuck on fire, so I'm firing all the time.

3.) It's quite slow and jerky, here are my specs...

Athelon XP 1400 Plus
Nvidia Geforce MX400
256mb RAM

But don't get me wrong, what I got to play of it was really nice, I like the cartoony graphics.

Why the hell'd you ask me for crying out loud!?!
scribbley
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2003 21:18
There seems to be some odd problems with reading the joypad correctly even though I used the standard commands. If you unplug the game pad this may resolve this. As for the speed its quite an odd one and one I wasn't aware of at first until 2 days before the closing date. I have to say it worked fine with my gravis pad but went a but nuts with the Playstation gamepad in analogue.

My PC is only a 1ghz and it runs like lightning but I do have a geforce TI420. I think I may have solved the problem so it runs well on all PC's so I will upload a patch as soon as I have implemented this. (I believe its object collision causing a problem on some PC's)

Thanks for your input its much apreciated and keep an eye out for a patch to fix as many of these as I can
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2003 21:27
Oh right, joypad, thats probably it.

Why the hell'd you ask me for crying out loud!?!

Athelon XP 1400 Plus - Nvidia Geforce MX400 - 256mb RAM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 21:21:06
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 21:21:06