Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Superioritism

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2006 08:59
You know, sometimes I just wish people would drop from their high almighty clouds of self indulgence and actually realize they don't know crap. It is very annoying when someone will act like they know what they are talking about and inform an innocent bystander some idiotic idea of theirs that whatever they want can't be done.

You know they use to say that there are only two things that could fly, birds and witches. Not once did they dream of aviation. They would cackle at the idea of a lunar landing. If you said the church had no power over you, you would be executed for the blasphemous lies.

So why is it different for now? People believe only certain things can be done yet do not seek to try where others have failed, instead they prefer to jest at those who dream for they have long lost that ability. To tease those who may accomplish for they have long failed. To break the youthful strength around them so that others may share in their misery.

You don't know what can be done, no one knows what can be done, it is as simple as that.

Also in the realm of superioritism is the idea that you are better then others, that you can ignore a lengthy post and believe that what you post after it still has relevance. Or worse yet, to believe that by reading the first sentence you know everything there is in a post.

That is untrue; there are people who take the time to construct these magnificent scriptures, these words of deep wisdom. Reluctance to read it shows only your inferiority, it shows how a simple idea is lost due to others impatience, their unwillingness to see what is presented.

They will purse to project their own thoughts over others until they have closed their mind to the world exisiting as a deaf-mute, for when they speak their ideas are not heard for they are shrouded in articles of hate and spite. Instead they project how other ideas are useless, stupid, pointless, as they try to maintain their little world inside their head.

I leave these words, know yourself, know what you can do, what you know, and what you don't know. It is here that you will find your true path, a path more suited for you then the one you have imposed upon yourself, a path that you could not follow but refused to leave.

Your Mod was deleted by the Government.
JohannesM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2006 10:05
good point there.

www.mortarstudios.tk and www.freewebs.com/supahsfpscstuff
Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 3rd Aug 2006 12:46
I think Merranvo is out in the blue sometimes... But maybe We shourld call Him down so He wont jump from the cliff and hurt Himself.. We like You Merranvo! DONT JUMP!!! JK....
But serious Merranvo We like You as You are... (You are almost cult here Onepost, Merranvo or whatever.) Keep it up man! The forum needs an Einstien in math...

I want to see a FPSC Professional! And lets make it REALLY expensive this time......
Hammer
Years of Service
User Offline
Thats deep, I need to think about that over a cold drink.

Hammer
Red Ocktober
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2006 20:39 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2006 22:20
you surely aren't including me in that group...

[ModEdit]

--Mike
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 3rd Aug 2006 20:59
As long as we are being philosophical;

I think sometimes, saying that something is not possible is as bad as saying that it is. For example, when my nephew asks me if he can go to Mars, I say no, you can't. Obviously it is technically possible for him to go, but realistically he cannot.

I can understand your frustration with people constantly saying that things cannot be done or are not possible. It is also frustrating to me when others tell someone that something is possible or can be easily done and then leave some unintelligible scrap of code or nonsense explanation and walk away, never to explain or prove their claim.

Nothing is impossible, absolutely nothing, but speaking in a common sense way, our current version of FPSC, in it's current state, just won't do some things. I think we have to make a distinction between these two ways of thinking.

Do we need to clarify each time someone asks a question whether it can be accomplished within the realm of the current program we have or if it will take a rewrite of the source code?

Anyway, I think some answer the question within the realm of the latter way of thinking, and I don't have a problem with that. If I think they are wrong, I will tell them.

Crazy Grandpa
HandK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2006 21:10 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2006 21:15
I Dont like it when ppl say its possible within FPSC, and then tell you how to rewrite somthing in DBPro. And then if you ask again if its possible just wihin FPSC, get greif from them because they have anwsered.

@Merranvo.

Tell you what. Why dont you promise to answer every post, then anyone who only semi-knows wont post any answers, and will wait for your rightousness to post
I agree with your sentiment that ppl should be less authorative if they are not sure, but think part of useing FPSC, is this knocking ideas arround with peers. And somtimes a "This is the answer" post from you, (Or Uman normalyy), kills the disscustion. Thats not to say I dont want the correct answer. But I like the Hmmmmm, wonder about this that you only get when no one really knows the answer

H&K
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2006 22:36 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2006 22:36
Inside game engines some things certainly are impossible to do or achieve - until they are proven to be otherwise they will remain so.

One needs to use a sensible judgement before even contemplating attempting certain things in a game engine if you ever want to get a game made and completed. If you have been using an engine for a while it becomes quite obvious when you are looking to achieve nothing more than a hiding. For those that wish to play with the potential capabilities of an engine for the sake of pure achievement or personal satisfaction then good luck to you. You have my admiration for your sheer endeavour for it is to those that do so that many advances beyond the norm can be attributed.

I will keep it short and say sorry about that.

"I am and forever will be your friend"
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2006 08:59 Edited at: 7th Aug 2006 11:21
Quote: "you surely aren't including me in that group..."

Well… yeah. I am. What ya gonna do about it :p

Quote: " http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=Superioritism&x=17&y=16"

Try Pyrokinesis, further more you are pyrokinetic if you can control fire, pyrokinetic isn’t in most dictionaries, but it is properly formed. The English language is incomplete when it comes to the roots and prefixes antidisestablishmentotalitarianism is just a collection of roots and prefixes. If I formed superioritism right it should mean the “thought of being superior” ism is associated with thought or Idea I believe, so naturally...

Xplosys, that is one unfortunate aspect of understanding something to a degree. In my mind I can picture and comprehend what I right yet as I do not have an external frame of reference, others can not. It is a simple fact that is hard to overcome. Posting code is like the ultimate language, pure and comprehendible. The issue is that to translate something so pure into this rudimentary language of English is not a skill I have. As I said before, because I can talk in this pure language, I am less able to comprehend what others do not.

Quote: "The forum needs an Einstein in math..."

Do you know what you just said? lol.
Einstein FAILED math (at least I think he did).

(2 posts below this one)
Quote: "P.P.S. superioritizymer isn't a real word."

Of course not, Superioritism is the way you spell it. And you say I am more superioristic then you.
Superiorist is a person who practices superioritism (if it is formed right) to make it an adj you add the ic. To be 'better' you add the more. "I am more superioristic then you."

Quote: " ain't this a game design forum"

Indeed it is, We don't need people dicouraging others or impressing themselves upon them.

Your Mod was deleted by the Government.
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2006 09:32
i think hes using a metaphor, like

we need a genius in math

www.Disorder-Creations.com
StnrScott
Years of Service
User Offline
Heh.. That's a pretty meaningful post

danielp
User Banned
Posted: 7th Aug 2006 11:03
I bet most people here are more superioritizymer than me, but still, ain't this a game design forum. I clicked this link think it would be some FPS version of capitalism (but I'm not quite sure how that would work). But it's great that you have the time to spend typing this post. I'm going to get some food.

danielp

P.S. superioritizymer is pronounced sue-pear-eee-or-eee-tizy-mer.

P.P.S. superioritizymer isn't a real word.

danielp
Email - thegamecreators@danielp.e4ward.com
My Specs - 2047MB RAM | P4 3.4GHz | XP 5.1.2600 SP2 | GeForce 6800 256MB | Dell 230310 1600x1200 34x27cm
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2006 11:52
Einstein sucked at math.He did flunk it.
How many failures occurred to Edison before he got a success?
In Edison's case you could say hard work paid off or he got lucky from time to time.
Einstien came up with the theory of relativity...whcih states that even though there is a search box and directions to various resources and answers forum members will undoubtedly ignore all of that and post the same questions over and over...and we will have to endure this due to the tear in the time space continuim thing or something like that.
There are various theories such as nobody is smarter than anybody else.They just have not learned the same information or they learn at a different speed.
One theory that is highly plausible is that if a student fails to learn it is invariably the fault of the teacher if the student chooses to learn.
Another interesting thing to note is that people who are geniuses such as Einstein and Edison didn't have fancy laptops,the internet or any of the amazing tools that we have to work with nowadays...they didn't even have cell phones...perish the thought!
And they were still able to accomplish great things.
If none of this has anything to do with the topic at hand I apologize since it's a little deep for me.

Steve J
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2006 04:01
rofl, well no fracking duh he didnt have a laptop, or calculator, most of that stuff occured before the first modern computer was created (eniac). Its not like I ever used calculators for math, I tried using my mind, and it usually helped a lot. I wasnt the first one done, but I usually showed my work better, and offered better explainations for what I did than the guys that used calculators.I find using the mind is much better than using technology in many cases, but not all. Einstein was a very smart persaon, the reason being he flunked math is that he was to busy doing other things than school work. As for the feeling of being superior, most have it for a reason. You have to understand what we see when we look at this forum. Look at the darkbasic professional forum, then look here. Compare.

That is why use programmers feel superior to you guys. Your ideas, your spelling, your lack of order, it feels generally inferior to our standards. I mean, look at the source code thread in your forum. Rich left it because he felt annoyed at the stupid questions. he is even use to the dark basic pro forum... Others wouldnt feel so superior if this forum cleaned up its act, and stopped acting like it was full of 12 year olds. Thats all we ask for, then maybe we will stop feeling superior. Just maybe. I personally dont feel superior to many of you, but the ones like Mr. Love, and a few others...just give too bad of a name to this forum

http://www.milkpaton.com/
http://phoenixophelia.com
Saikoro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2006 04:36
HAHAHA

Merranvo, you have possibly one of the biggest heads out of anyone I've met on these forums. All this coming from you is a riot.

Wow.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2006 07:00
Steve J,
While I do appreciate you dropping by to share your opinion (and bash my fellow forum members and myself) I am afraid this thread has come to an end.
We have apparently (but not surprisingly) once again lost the ability to debate an issue without resorting to the crap that gets so many threads locked.
This thread was questionable in the first place.
There is a reason that people feel superior.They just don't have enough sense to know better.
This isn't a competition.We are all TGC forum members and we are all a community whether we like it or not.Wouldn't it be more logical if we all worked together to make the TGC forums as a whole a better place.
For the record the FPSC forums are full of 12 year olds.
By the time they are 14 a lot of them will be in the DBP forums.
This is your future you are looking at.
Now try to sleep at night knowing that.
Nobody is superior to anyone else.That is a fact.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 05:45:36
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 05:45:36