Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] What progress has been made on FPSC?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2006 16:44
What progress has been made on FPSC? Its been over a year and I haven't seen an update, patch, or so much as a hint of work that has been done on this program. What I'm asking is for someone who has been working on this engine to maybe explain what has been done so far.

I pity the noob!
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2006 16:56 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2006 16:59
I don't think you're gonna get any specifics. But since FPSC is tightly tied into Dark Basic Pro, take a look at the progress that has been going on with that program. I don't think its unreasonable to expect that some of those features will eventually trickle down into FPSC at some point, especially since Lee has updated the source code to compile under the latest version of DBPro.

----------------------------------------
"Your mom went to college."
My FPSC stuff at http://hyrumark.zftp.com/FPSC/hyrumarkfpsc.htm
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2006 17:14
Read the July newsletter.It has information on the FPSC update in it.
The short answer is TGC will release an FPSC update when they are ready.

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2006 18:20
Quote: "TGC will release an FPSC update when they are ready."

Indeed, you see where a rushed version 1 got us eh? So givem the all the time they need.

Red Ocktober
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2006 21:05 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2006 21:06
Quote: "Read the July newsletter.It has information on the FPSC update in it."

maybe i missed it, but all i saw that was FPSC related, was news on the upcoming release of 2 new content packs...

Quote: "The short answer is TGC will release an FPSC update when they are ready."

that may indeed be a short answer... but to what question... i didn't notice the guy who started the thread ask anything about release dates... he asked what progress has been made... to me, that sounds like asking for any info...

like if fog has been implemented yet... can we mix fog and bumpmapping... is there going to be a real looking water entity or whatever... will multiplayer get multilevel capabilities...

stuff like that...

--Mike
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2006 21:10
I was referring to the July newsletter.I think you were reading the August one.
In the July newsletter TGC said they are working on an update for FPSC.
I look at it this way:
The longer it takes the better the update will be.

Red Ocktober
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2006 21:37 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2006 21:37
thx Fred... i was looking at the latest newsletter... lemme reread the July one again...

as far as the longer it takes... i think that you know as well as i do, that the time spent has no direct correlation with the quality of the final output...

but, saying that, i also have to admit, that rushing it out usually does... to the detriment of the final product...

--Mike
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2006 21:58 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2006 22:12
TGC wont release any specific info at all relating to any FPSC Upadte other than what they have done to date until any release is imminent.

That is currently only as far as I am aware that : FPSC is to be updated this year and that they TGC wont be held to that schedule either.

They have made their position quite clear : no forward projections and no information regarding FPSC development and what if anything specifically will be included in any Update will be released to the users or anyone else in the public domain. It is stated that such is their policy and that the policy will not change.

The TGC Newsletter may throughout any development to any FPSC update release contain publicly available information when and if it becomes available and that is likely to be the only source for information other than any user using their imagination by following DPPro development - which in itslef is of little help as an indicator of anything FPSC.

We are all in the same boat and need to be patient. Not much option I am afraid.

My FPSC gamemaking is sleeping, put to bed until any update brings it out again so I understand the frustration. There would be things I might be prepared to get on with further if I knew what was or might be forthcoming but its not going to happen so wait we all must.

"I am and forever will be your friend"
Michael S
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2006 22:06
Quote: "TGC wont release any specific info at all relating to any FPSC Upadte other than what they have done to date "

Ok so what has been done to date? Im sure Lee or Rich know.

I pity the noob!
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2006 22:13 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2006 22:14
You have not read my post - TGC know but they are not going to tell the FPSC users or anyone else until they are good and ready - That is not hard to understand.

"I am and forever will be your friend"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 03:51:14
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 03:51:14