Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2006 10:28
DBKing, will look into any improvements we can do with fluids to improve performance. Here's a few things you can try: increase the damping used, change the screen spacing to a higher value as this will result in a lower detail mesh being generated, also take a look at the threshold and increase this value.

There's something we can change with triangle meshes in hardware mode that will benefit things and make it easier to work with. It wont make the update that is likely to go out today but can be done soon after.

Gences, will see what I can find out with the crash you get.
David iz cool
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2006 15:43
hey,i wanted to make a suggestion for a new command.

break joint,this could be useful if the user wanted to break the joint when they pressed a key or a variable happened.

i know about the break joint limits command but this breaks the joint only when a certain amount of force/torque is applied.
bosskeith
Years of Service
User Offline
@david iz cool-why not just apply the a certain force to the joint to break it when the key is applied?

Ink all over the screen...and dang it! Signature still does not show.
David iz cool
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2006 22:15
well i was thinking of a command that just releases the joint,so whatevers together would just fall apart,but i guess adding force would do it.i still want this command but its cool if they dont add it.
bosskeith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2006 22:34 Edited at: 14th Aug 2006 22:37
brb going to go check something
[edit]
just as i thought it kind of exists...phy delete joint
realy i do not see a difference once a joint is broken it no longer has an effect right?
[/edit]

David iz cool
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2006 23:32
yeah,your right.just tested that.i guess i can use this command.nevermind then.
bosskeith
Years of Service
User Offline
hey we are all learning this at the same time man take care and good luck

Denis
Years of Service
User Offline
I am also experiencing problems with other demos, like the main one provided by Ageia where you press Tab to launch balls into a wall of cubes. I get "Internal Pysics Engine" error.

Thx
Denis
Years of Service
User Offline
Just uploaded the 1.01 upgrade. Things seemed to work better. The slime demo worked for the first time but only for a few seconds then I got the 'Internal Driver Error' message. Also, with Fluid Blob, I got a different message than before: 'PPU internal error, cause unknown'. Problems seem to come from the driver or from the Dark physics 'SDK', but I might be wrong.

Thanx for looking at this.
David iz cool
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2006 16:05
Quote: "Just uploaded the 1.01 upgrade. Things seemed to work better. The slime demo worked for the first time but only for a few seconds then I got the 'Internal Driver Error' message. Also, with Fluid Blob, I got a different message than before: 'PPU internal error, cause unknown'. Problems seem to come from the driver or from the Dark physics 'SDK', but I might be wrong"

if u dont have a physics card,u cant run the water or slime demo.too bad id like to see that slime demo.lol
Syncaidius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2006 16:41 Edited at: 15th Aug 2006 17:52
@Mike: I've just installed the 1.01 update.

When two dynamic/staic rigid body meshes collide, it keeps producing an error now, here it is:
Trying to collide to pmap-less, nonconvex, nonheightfield meshes: this is no longer supported

With version 1.00 of DP it never used to do that, but now it does.
I've tried colliding:
- A static mesh against a static mesh
- A dynamic against a static mesh
- A dynamic mesh against a dynamic mesh

All of these seem cause the error I mentioned.

Any ideas on what it means, Mike?

EDIT: I just got home to find out it doesnt produce this error on my desktop PC, so it's my laptop.

But, is there any reason why mesh-mesh collions cause an error on my laptop and not my desktop (both in software mode) :?

WORLD - A free World editor, capable of creating the most complex of worlds (including physics, skies, water, shaders, terrain editing and more). Best of all, it's FREE!
Denis
Years of Service
User Offline
Thx for the advice ix Cool, but I do have a PPU card (BFG Ageia PhysX-128MB GDDR3-Graphics Accelarator PCI), and get crashes in hardware mode.

Mike, any results on what could cause the crashes.
KPad
Years of Service
User Offline
Mike,

Creating a vehicle that has the arrow keys hard coded is causing a problem in remapping the keys for other usage. Do you think you could add a command to disable the arrow keys from the vehicle? That would be a simple thing to do. But it would be better to remove the key control code from the vehicle or add a command like phy enable vehicle default keys.

Thanks

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 13:21:50
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 13:21:50