Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Clone Object produces textureless clone - any fast alternative?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
The dbCloneObject function produces textureless clones. The instanceObject produces textured clones, but ones that mimic the animation of the object they instanced.

The models I'm using have UV data for more than 1 texture, and this forces me to load the mesh directly from the .X file for every new object creation, because both dbCloneObject and dbInstanceObject do not meet my needs. Loading in this way is far slower than cloning, but it must be done to have a textured object.

Has anyone delt with this problem before?
Zeal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2006 07:41 Edited at: 4th Aug 2006 08:20
I can load a object, apply a texture, then clone it, and the new cloned object is textured as well. Dunno if pre textured models work the same way.

I am having a little trouble applying my shaders to clones, getting some odd crashes... will try and reproduce in a sample program

*turns out the crash was due to the fvf format I was using...

Seemed to work fine before I applied the shader. However when I tryed to apply the shader to a clone, it actually crashed dark gdk, something about a access violation. Only happend to clones, a regular object loaded the shader ok, but the shader itself didnt work (the uv coords seemed messed up). Changed the fvf format of the model back to the standard 274 (or whatever it is), and things work fine now.. hmm..

All you need is zeal

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-17 06:19:49
Your offset time is: 2024-06-17 06:19:49