Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / atls.lib - What is it and where can I find it.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2006 03:51
Forgive my stupidity, but I have all but configured the DGDK for use with the Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition (with much mucking about).

Its complaining about not being able to find atls.lib when I compile the basic example. Anybody have any idea where this file is and have I set my directories up slightly wrong

Setting up the DGDK to work with the 2005 Express Edition is quite a tedious business but I will write a short guide of how its done once I get this working

WE SHALL BECOME ALL POWERFUL! CRUSH THE LESSER RACES! CONQUER THE GALAXY! UNIMAGINABLE POWER! UNLIMITED RICE PUDDING ! ! ! ETC. ! ! ! ETC.! ! !
Profit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2006 04:15
Temporary workaround: Open project properties pane and go to the Configuration properties->Linker->Input. In the 'Ignore specific library' add atls.lib.

P.S. You may already know this, but maybe an elder could come in here soon and get a better solution.

common people are walking in line.
imekon
Years of Service
User Offline
That worked for me - I'm surprised I didn't think of it before...

"Reality Bites"
Hairy Lee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2006 12:02
I believe ATLS is part of the ATL group (which is to do with Windows stuff when using things like MFC).
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2006 16:09
Have you also downloaded, installed and configured the platform SDK? ... that is if you are using the Express version.

imekon
Years of Service
User Offline
ATLS sounds like ATL Server (Advanced Template Library). ATL was a nicer way to do COM stuff with Visual Studio than the dreaded MFC.

If it is ATL server, why does DGDK require it? Since I don't see any errors by ignoring the library it sounds like a

#pragma lib("atls.lib")

somewhere.

"Reality Bites"
Mnemonix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2006 17:39
I installed the platform sdk as required, but the file atls.lib isn't actually on my machine at all. I will try some of the work arounds suggested

WE SHALL BECOME ALL POWERFUL! CRUSH THE LESSER RACES! CONQUER THE GALAXY! UNIMAGINABLE POWER! UNLIMITED RICE PUDDING ! ! ! ETC. ! ! ! ETC.! ! !
Mnemonix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2006 17:42
I did the "ignore specific library" trick and that worked. Now its complaining that it cannot find d3dx8.lib !

Why would it be looking for that?

OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2006 17:47 Edited at: 4th Aug 2006 17:48
'Cos parts of DBPro are still stuck in ye olde times and use ye olde DirectX 8. Dont think Lee took that into account when preparing the VS 2005 version

Come to the last Unofficial DBPro Convention (http://convention.logicstudios.net/)
Supplying "NO" since 1974...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-17 07:50:35
Your offset time is: 2024-06-17 07:50:35