Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / [Dark Physics] Example Movies?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2006 19:35 Edited at: 5th Aug 2006 19:40
Hey, because Dark Physics is so new, would some of you that already own it (lucky ducks!) be willing to make some demonstartion videos of tehniques in action? It's really cool to see Lee and Mike's videos, but come on, they're like gods! So I think it would be awesome to see some demo videos by members. Besides, I just can't get enough of it!

Some things that would be awesome to see you guys do would be:

1) A bridge with an animated character walking accross
it
2) A cloth flag (what would be awesome is to see a war standard waving in the wind with holes everywhere!)
3) A rug burning (if this is possible)
4) The particle effects
5) a cup that dumps different liquids from cups, water, goo, acid, oil, milk, etc...
6) anthing else you might want to do!

Thanks for reading,
-Sunflash

Your signature has been erased by a mod
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2006 21:44 Edited at: 5th Aug 2006 21:45
Now it's released, people can make compiled demos and distribute them. You don't need videos, you can have the real deal!

Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2006 09:07
oh duh, I didn't think about people just compiling... Sorry... I feel so utterly stupid... gosh...
-Sunflash

Juso
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2006 11:26
Yeah folks, put compiled exes here.

I ordered my Dark Physics but not arrived yet
Syncaidius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2006 13:05
Videos would be needed for people who want to see fluids in action, but dont have a PhysiX card yet. Im working on a small fluid example (and video) which players can knock over barrels which contain different types of fluids.

So far i've got a realistic oil fluid, that comes out of a barrel. I just need to work on a other kinds of fluids (e.g. water and goo).

I'll upload them once i've completed them.

WORLD - A free World editor, capable of creating the most complex of worlds (including physics, skies, water, shaders, terrain editing and more). Best of all, it's FREE!
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2006 06:12 Edited at: 7th Aug 2006 07:25
Hey, awesome! How does the water look? Thats a reason to buy DP right there!

I'm working on a game played out between several islands. Of course for there to be islands, I need water, but I'm not sure how the Dark Physics water eould look/run in that type of enviriornment.

EDIT:

Ok, I've put together a piece of terrain in a box (without a top: attached). WOuld someone with Dark Physics, and the AGIEA graphics card be able to make some code to fill the box up with water until the terrain is completly submerged, then make a movie of it for everyone here? I really want to see this done because I want to see how well the water works with terrain, and just how much water there can be before it starts getting choppy. Again, media attached.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2006 10:12
There's a video of tearing cloth, which I uploaded last week - at the bottom of this page or the start of page 2.

Aegrescit medendo
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2006 10:33
Sunflash, I think you're confusing liquids with standard game water. Standard water is a plain, usually with a shader effect. This plain is given a buoyancy effect. Basically, any physics body that is below the surface is subject to the forces of the water. However, in reality, there isn't actually a fluid in there.

Fluids, on the other hand, can actually flow. Like, spill out of a barrel. However, you wouldn't want to create water in a game like this. You can make oceans, rivers, and waterfalls all with plains. I do that in my WIP. Take a look at the landscape video sometime. All of those plains can have buoyancy applied to them.

Come see the WIP!
Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2006 12:20
Even with hardware acceleration, you couldnt fill a sea type environment with physics water, without your water molecules being about the size of a car, for example. I think the physics water techniques are predominantly for simulating, say, water coming out of a tap, or spilling out of a cup etc.

Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2006 18:28
Quote: "Sunflash, I think you're confusing liquids with standard game water"

No, I know the difference... sorta... I know there IS a difference
Plains won't work for my game because if you want the water to rise then the entire ocean rises, but if you have a big dip in your terrain that you DON'T want waterr to fill into, before it even spills over the sides, it will start to seep into the dip. I know this probaby sounds really confusing... I'm soooo tired...

Quote: "There's a video of tearing cloth, which I uploaded last week - at the bottom of this page or the start of page 2."

I loved that! It's what inspired me to make this thread! It was so awesome that I'm going to to place a link to it for everyone who may not have seen it:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=85592&b=30

@Fallout
Yeah, thats what I was afraid of. It makes total sense though. It's kinda like filling an ocean with water particles... it dosn't really work. Thanks telling me though
-Sunflash

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 08:08:32
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 08:08:32