Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Why don't I just ask something? PLEASE DON'T ignore this

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have a question, why don't they do something like t3dgc only with the fpsc style engine? Why not? Also I had another post like this that has had no one even enter it, like a lost post. Also, does darkBASIC have a enviorment like fpsc only you have to program it?
Steam Assassin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2006 07:33
I don't understand your first question. As for your second, I don't know about an environment like FPSC, but it does indeed have a good programming environment.

Don't mess with Texas!
...Internet? What the hell is that!
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2006 08:11
What the heck are you talking about? t3dgc is garbage. And noone knows what the heck your talking about and probbably ignored you because your not clear about what your saying. Do what like that garbage?

Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
like 3DGM? that was my first purchase good times good times...waiting for freakin months for it to come!!!!!!!!

Join The Lucid Nightmare Forums Today!
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2006 10:25
i always wanted T3DGM...

i still want it...

WHAT DO YOU WANT?
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2006 11:05
Accel - You do? It's not that horrible for those that want a really easy, quick and generic game or for small kids wanting to learn about game-making.

Of course, it's not flexible and practically makes the game for you under your "semi-guidance", if you will.

Evil has a new name. Demo out now!
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2006 12:39
it literally has a 'make game' button that randomizes the limited crap you can do in it, and makes a game for you, it should be a demo and not even sold anymore. i bought it for my daughter and it was an insult to her 9 yearold intellect. I realy hope you dont want a friggin make game button on FPSC? cuz that is just plain lazy.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2006 12:51
Quote: "Accel - You do? It's not that horrible for those that want a really easy, quick and generic game or for small kids wanting to learn about game-making.

Of course, it's not flexible and practically makes the game for you under your "semi-guidance", if you will.
"

From the discription i read about it on its home page i think its neat.

Never tried any demo game or whatever though.

WHAT DO YOU WANT?
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2006 13:07
3dgm was vastly dissapointing.

and I think his second question is : Does dark basic have a map editor like FPSC, but it's just that you have to do all the programming?

Which I think is quite a good question. Does DB have a map editor? can you place objects in the same way as the FPSC map editor?

"It's often better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're an idiot, than to open it and confirm their suspisions" - Noel Coward
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2006 13:11
Quote: "3dgm was vastly dissapointing."

Ok i wont buy it.

WHAT DO YOU WANT?
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2006 14:08
Butters, no you cant place stuff down in Dark Basic like in FPSC. Dark Baisc is souly code, if you wanted an editor, you would have to code one with dark basic, then get it to work with the code, which is quite pointless. Why would you need a drag and drop editor for code?

I dont mean that to sound like Iam mad.

By the way butters, I sent you an email but your kind of, off the radar again.
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2006 14:46
Well, Higgins, there are some good map editors available for DBC/DBP within this community. But strictly within DB, there is no map editor. It's all coding, simply.

Evil has a new name. Demo out now!
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2006 15:05 Edited at: 6th Aug 2006 15:09
T3DGM is a great pogramme in its own right. Designed for a specific purpose and user base and it does that perfectly.

I would not suggest that anyone here use it but it does what its designed to do and does it well - a bit like FPSC only better in its way as it is designed to do.

Dont knock it as its the forerunner for FPSC and I am sure that Lee learned a great deal from programming it.

From that point of view many of the skills needed, problems solved, features and functions that Lee would have incorporated in designing the FPSC product would have come partly from his experience with developing T3DGM.

If you look you can see them - the tile based painting of walls for instance - the AI system and more.

T3DGM I love it. Great fun if you want fun.

FPSC some say is fun too.

I think it is or should be rather more than that and it is - though it is just really an extension over and above what T3DGM does.

The base concept of being a Game Creation system as TGC descibe it themselves is very similar.

Nothing wrong with that - its the best option there is if you ever want to see your game become a reality and you can do that now cant you?

FPSC does however offer much more potential now and certainly that will be extended ever further to offer continued Fun gamemaking and much more.

DBPro dont have a real time 3D editor. Ive asked for it to be considered. I doubt it ever will but who knows - things can change.

"I am and forever will be your friend"
Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
it was good id give it a C+ cause it was basic and very easy to use and cause it had its own uv map and many levels to it altough i dont know why but you could save in there either

Join The Lucid Nightmare Forums Today!
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2006 10:00
Quote: "Butters, no you cant place stuff down in Dark Basic like in FPSC. Dark Baisc is souly code, if you wanted an editor, you would have to code one with dark basic, then get it to work with the code, which is quite pointless. Why would you need a drag and drop editor for code?"

What are you talking about?

Do YOU want to code enemy locations in by hand or whip up a editor using a "3d matix" thingy. with the simple cube command and color code it. Thingy. Yeah. Don't argue when your half asleep.

Now I believe he said that "only you have to code it" so the answer is yes. Aditionally FPSC can be used in conjunction with DBP because it's engine is written in DBP.

Your Mod was deleted by the Government.
Power9x
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for your input, and what I was saying with question 1 was that could we make a fpsc only for platformers or racing.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 05:43:34
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 05:43:34