Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Linker error 2005 in debug mode

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2006 03:20
I use VS 2005 Standard Edition with DGDK 1.6.2. I was able to compile a simple App. in "Release" mode but I got a linker 2005 error stating that __invoke_watson was already defined. After a short while, I used "/FORCE:MULTIPLE" to fix this problem. If anyone else has trouble with compiling in "Debug" mode, then add "/FORCE:MULTIPLE" to the linker command line.
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2006 03:29
That may be a temporary solution, but it also becomes a problem if you have libraries with multiple defintions. The order of the libraries or object files determines which function actually gets called.

My suggestion would be to find out which object files and libraries use the same symbols, and place the file containing the symbol as the firat file to be linked. At any rate, there is clearly a problem which must be sorted, as multiple defintions just lead to headaches anyway.

Paul.

Home of the Cartography Shop - DarkBASIC Professional map importer
Charles
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2006 09:41
Ok. Thanks.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-17 07:39:30
Your offset time is: 2024-06-17 07:39:30