Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / How do you make the enemies pace?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi everyone,

I'm new at FPSC and I have question. I was checking out the preloaded maps that came with FPSC and noticed on the WWII one that they had soldiers walking back and forth. I'm wondering how I can make them pace like that. I tried to play around with it but couldn't figure it out. If someone could answer this I would appreciate it.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2006 16:25
I believe there is an AI script you can give to an enemy called "pace".

Bane
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah I saw that but it doesnt do anything when I use it. Also, I saw that the enemy had a path movement on the WWII map. I'll try pace and see if it works if not I'll try to play around with it more. Thanks for your time.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 6th Aug 2006 17:31
Enemies will not walk around randomly. You must tell them where to walk using waypoints. Once you have inserted waypoints, the pace will work.

Crazy Grandpa
Dev127
Years of Service
User Offline
Look in the guide that came with the game (the PDF). It tells all about waypoints.

**Has mastered the overly long stair proffesion
Bongo
Years of Service
User Offline
I have a similar problem,.. except I do exactly what the manual says.

I'll have an empty flat map and have three or four enemies on it. I'll give them the mainACE.fpi and then the shoot:CHASE.fpi. I'll then make a straight line waypoint for each one.

The enemies mostly just walk in place. They sometimes manage to follow the waypoint path just a bit before they get stuck but still have the walking animation. Most of the time though they just stay where they spawned and have the walking animation but no movement.

It even happens if I just give them the main:STATIC.fpi and the shoot:CHASE.fpi with no waypoints. They'll spot me and mostly just run in place.

Even if I give the enemies the main:FOLLOW.fpi and set straight line waypoints they mostly get stuck or just walk in place at their spawn point. Sometimes if I shoot them they'll walk the path for a small bit before getting stuck again.

The entities just can't seem to even barely move at all! The tutorial waypoint maps somehow work but I don't notice any difference in how I place the waypoints or entities.

Has anyone heard about this or know what is causing this?

I like pie.
Bongo
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay!! I fixed my own problem! weee!! Basically I realized that you must set any walking characters feet sligtly off the surface they're walking on and they don't get stuck on the floor. So anytime you set a moving character in a map,.. just tap the PAGE UP key and then set them so that they aren't actually touching the floor. (but it looks like they are touching the floor so it's all good.)

yay for figuring things out for myself! (pats self on back)

I like pie.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 05:40:24
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 05:40:24