Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / C++ newbie help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi guys.. just wondering what kind of learning resources you know of that are handy for newbies to c++. I've found some good tutorial sites but would like something like the GDK help.. where you have a list of the err... 'commands' and what they do/example usage .etc
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2006 15:16
Have you looked at the instructions ?

Come to the last Unofficial DBPro Convention (http://convention.logicstudios.net/)
Supplying "NO" since 1974...
HWT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2006 00:50
Hi there

C++ isn't much like BASIC language - it has all these complicated classes and stuff. Try searching Google for something I remember... website... Cplus.com or something like that. They give step-by-step tutorials.

Also, GDK help can't be duplicated in C++ because C++ is real deep and needs real understanding more that just stringing commands together.

Good luck.

Hello World Tommorrow
Zeal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2006 01:53
Yeah google "c++ tutorials" youll find everything you need. As for dark gdk itself, all the commands are identical to dbpro (just use the dark gdk help file if youre new to dbpro too).

All you need is zeal
HWT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2006 13:27
But I'd recommend also getting a good book because some of the tutorials are difficult for complete beginners to grasp. But give the online tutorials a go anyway.

Good Luck.

Hello World Tommorrow
Ashy
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Have you looked at the instructions ?"

I meant C++ stuff.. the GDK is real handy at listing all the darkbasic stuff, thanks.

Yeah the tutorials are nice, mostly just trying to figure out the C++ equivilant of the darkbasic stuff.. like in dbpro you'd do something like

type stuff
integer thingya
float thingyb
string thingyc
endtype

dim thisarray(something) as stuff

and that turns out to be something like

struct stuff
{
int thingya
float thingyb
string thingyc
};

stuff thisarray[something]

Something along those lines.

Thanks anyway, i'll keep reading.
BENOJ
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2006 17:05
a struct is not an array its a oop thingy.an array in c++ is :
int thisarray[number of things]

Kaiyodo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2006 19:42
There's nothing wrong with Ashy's code as far as I can see. The C++ code makes an array of structs, the DB code makes an array of a user defined type, which is conceptually the same thing.

Kaiyodo.
BENOJ
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2006 21:05
true. i was just saying that a struct is not the same as an array coz its well annoying when you have learnt somethign then u find otu what you hav learnt is the wrong concept anem etc...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-17 07:30:58
Your offset time is: 2024-06-17 07:30:58