Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / DBP DarkPysics dimensions of a vehicle, how do you figure it out?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2006 22:29
I've played around with the program with a dunebuggy you drive around for the last two days figuring out how the program was written. Now I made my own vehicle, but how do I figure out the size of my car "width# = 0.75 " and so on. I cann't find anything about the units used in the manual(they might be there somewhere).
In the program my vehicle is rigit, in the debugger the wheel spring and so forth. I think there I see what the physics engine is doing but its not quite connected to the object so it remains rigit, not bouncing on its springs at all when I run it from darkbasicpro.

May the sun shine on the soles of your feet.
Codger
Years of Service
User Offline
slaid
I think this is what you want but if you made the model wouldn't you know the width?

width# = object size x(dunebuggy)

To match up the physics default units are meters

System
PIV 2.8 MZ 512 Mem
FX 5600 256 mem
Slaid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2006 07:34
That got me on the right track, my drawing program uses meters, and now I know that DarkPysics uses meters allso so now I'm good to go. Thanks

Slaid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2006 19:34

The "lenght# = " and so forth used in creating the vehicle are not the same as the true vihicle dimentions. The beach buggy in the example is 3.566 meter long, but the lenght# = 2.2, width is 1.688, but width# = .75. So where did the mesuments come from.
My vehicle is slitly of the ground, tends to tip over, and the front wheels don't turn.I imagin its the same with the wheelX# and so forth.
How were they actually figure out? Since they don't seem to corispond with the actual model. At least not in anyway I can understand.

Slaid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2006 20:09
This just gets better and better. I read another post about a car and figured out what the number really represented, att least I thought so. Now the front wheels steer but the entire vehicle spins in place on the Z axel when I accelerate, and the and the front wheel follow the car around and spin on there Z axel also. While doing this they still and able to steer. This would be great if they where a planet with some moons.

Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2006 20:54
Slaid, have you had a look at the tutorial provided with Dark Physics. This is a good place to start with vehicles.
Slaid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2006 19:05
Tutorial, there are tutorials. OHHHHH…… I’ve read the turorial, but it was written by someone who know to much programming and thought everone else did to.(this is constructive critic). Exp. The meshes on the vehicle hierarchy don’t have numbers, but since the model hierarchy is semetrickel you can start att the top counting and go down, or you can start att the bottom with part body and go up. Hej, what do I know I’m learning I would think part one is the BODY which it is att the bottom. And the position of the wheels X# is said to be 1.5 , but in my drawing program its 0,5 on the X axis. But again the model was spun 90 degrees in the beginning of the program.( a silly thing to do when you have to do with ametures that need to look att the original model to figure things out, cause now its in the wrong oriantation in the drawing program.) I find no mention of WHY this was done.
They should let someone with little knowlage of darkbasic write the turorial and the programmer tells them what to write, so everytime the programmer has to explain what he or she is taking about that get put into the tutorial also. Better to much info than to little.

wheelZ#, wheelY#, wheelX# This is the order in the test program.
x#, y#, z#, This is the order it say it should be in the docs, ???????? whats that all about.

I just want to know how it was done, all the details so I can do it myself with my own models, and understand it to 100%.

Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2006 19:11
Will look at providing more information on this section and try to explain it all in further detail. For now maybe this thread will be of some use to you http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=86141&b=30

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 21:14:40
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 21:14:40