Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / A few questions for the pro's

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2006 18:59
Alright so I've been searching the forums for answers to my questions with no results, if I'm repeating some regular questions I apologize.

1. I've been trying to make an intro movie for my game but the .wav file and the .avi file don't match up at all, the sound is not synced to the video. So my question is this; is there any possible way to bake the soundfile into the avi? I don't see why the .wav and the .avi has be separate.

2. Is it possible to add camera shake/movement when the player is walking/running?

3. Instead of just fotsteps can I add additional sound to when the player is moving, i.e cloth sounds, equipment sounds etc as a seperate .wav file?

4. How do I add more blood splashes when killing enemies - and is it possible to change the enemies texture upon death?

5. Is it possible to use animated textures for muzzle flashes? If so, how?

I'd really appreciate if someone could enlighten me.
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2006 20:20
1. the wav and avi do not have to be seperate....as far as I know.so use a video editing program to combind the 2 files.

2.I don't believe there is a camera shake option for FPSC.

3.You would have to edit the original sound by adding the cloth sounds on top of footsteps useing an audio editor like say audacity.

4.I don't believ so(could be wrong) and no.

5.No were stuck with the rotating single pic muzzel flashes for now.

hope that helped.

tattish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2006 21:08
1. Well, I tried using a regular avi with sound. But it didn't work so I had to go with the seperate file thing. I dunno maybe it's some codec issue or something.

2. You're probably right, but shouldn't it be possible trough scripting?

3. Yeah that seems to be the only way to do it.

Alright man, thanks for the reply.
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2006 21:15
I think disturbing13 pretty much covered everything, but he's wrong with the blood.

Open the character's FPE file and change the "decal max" number from 2 to a bigger number. The higher you make the number, the more blood you'll get.

bear in mind, too many blood decals will make the alpha colouring go funny.

"It's often better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're an idiot, than to open it and confirm their suspisions" - Noel Coward
tattish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2006 21:23
Butter fingers: Okay, great! I guess the same thing goes for blood splashes on the wall? Or are they influenced by the same number as the "decal max" value?
tattish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2006 20:25
I have one more question; How do you add sound effects to enemies? i.e a monster roaring. It's kinda boring when they're all quiet.
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2006 20:59
Quote: "I guess the same thing goes for blood splashes on the wall? Or are they influenced by the same number as the "decal max" value?"

that's what I meant when I said about the alpha going funny.

The decal max affects any decals the character is using in it's FPE.

Quote: "How do you add sound effects to enemies? i.e a monster roaring. "

you could add a sound zone whe the player sees an enemy, or you could script it. THere isn't a great deal of included support for random character sounds.

"It's often better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're an idiot, than to open it and confirm their suspisions" - Noel Coward
tattish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2006 21:26
Alright Butterfingers, thanks for the help. Your game looks awesome btw!
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
That should be easy enough, tattish, to get enemy sound effects. For example if you had a sound you wished to play when the enemy sees the player, open the enemies default .fpi script, and find the line:

:state=0,plrcanbeseen:state=1,settarget

And simply add on: ,sound="C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\FPSCreator\Files\audiobank\nameofyoursound.wav"

This means the line of code will now be:

;state=0,plrcanbeseen:state=1,settarget,sound="C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\FPSCreator\Files\audiobank\nameofyoursound.wav"

Tom

tattish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2006 03:09
Awesome, thanks!
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
No problem

Tom

Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2006 05:38
You can in fact make the screen shake. play with the triggerforce=X script.

Nue B. or not Nue B. That is the question.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 06:39:20
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 06:39:20