Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPSC for other genras?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Do you think that they should make a fpsc style program for other genras of games so you can not have to learn how to program and still make all kinds of games? Also you don't have to post about T3DGC because I already know everyone will say it is crap.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2006 21:55 Edited at: 7th Aug 2006 21:57
Doesn't matter what we think.

At the moment suggestions for multiple specific game type support for FPSC is out of the question.

I doubt TGC will even consider it for a single moment.

You can take FPSC and try and make whatever type of game you want with it, but its a Shooter product and thats the way it will stay for the foreseeable future.

You may find more options will be available to you following any update but it will be more of a question of more of the same but somewhat better.

You may get some improvements to some of the necesary things required for other genere type gamemaking but such would be limited to utilising those within the bounds of the product restrictions.

e.g. You may and I stress may, have better possibilities for the insertion and control of some kinds of vehicles but dont expect FPSC to be designed as a solution for those who want to make a racing game. Such things would be largely due to any overall improvement to the current capabilities and not additional.

A shooter game making product it is and will remain as such by design.

Using the source - you may be able to extend its capabilities to provide some additional game genre feature support but dont expect much of that out of the FPSC box.

The possibilities will be limited.

Other than that TGC already have multiple software options they are called DBPro and DarkGame if you want greater possibilities.

Somehow I doubt FPSC will quite be extended in giving you the full range of capabilities that those programs have otherwsie FPSC and those other programs might do exactly the same thing and TGC might as well integrate them completely.

I doubt very much thats going to happen - though it mught be nice if it did.

FPSC fills a niche market and thats probably where it will stay. That does not mean it wont get better and better it probably will but over a much greater period of time than the next update will allow for.

And try to avoid naughty words please.

"I am and forever will be your friend"
Power9x
Years of Service
User Offline
Im not talking about a update, but more like a series like fpsc, rgc, rpgc, fgc, beuc, or something like that. Also I am talking about speculation, not acually releasing it. This is about weither it would be cool or not.
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2006 00:24
I would like to see a sword and sorcery first person rpg game creator,

Its like the fps creator only with melee weapons, player can gain experience for killing monsters, lots of monster model content of course, buy armour upgrade ( mesh overlay system here for dynamic character, could extend to editor for characters and monsters, you have seen these before where you can change the characters hair skin clothing colour ect) ones abilities can be upgraded with experience, hit points, strength etc, random level generator.

I could change the input controller to a tracking controller, so rather than pressing a button to swing the sword id use a tracker, infra red or gyroscope, I don't expect that in the game, id do that myself, what I want is a game like dungeons and dragons of the 80s only on computer, you could make you own adventures and put them online, this game would rock.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 05:36:02
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 05:36:02