Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / [Dark Phyics] Mesh as Phy object question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2006 04:27
I understand much better how the different type of rigid bodies work. One question that comes to mind however when using a mesh and loading the mesh data is would one be able to use a customized mesh as the phy data? For example if you have a relativley complex mesh that you want to use physics with can you have it use a different low poly version of the mesh as it's rigid body?

The example of the duck in the tutorial with the sphere around it is terrific and I think it would work in most instances.

If this is possible I wonder if someone will make a rigid body editor.

Now, I'm rambling but I assume that I would be able to take two versions of a mesh, use the low poly version to make the Phy data file then in the program load the higher poly with the low poly data file. Could that work?

Thank you TGC for creating such amazing products!

Success does not come with meeting the minimum requirements.
bosskeith
Years of Service
User Offline
i do not see why you could not use a low poly mesh as a hidden object then just keep making calls to the low poly one and paste the highpoly one at same position and angles...unless the physics do not act upon hidden objects

Ink all over the screen...and dang it! Signature still does not show.
MatriX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2006 06:00
Good idea as well, I'll have to read up and see if thats possible..

Thank you TGC for creating such amazing products!

Success does not come with meeting the minimum requirements.
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2006 11:08
Using simplified meshes is a good option and will help to decrease the amount of time that the simulation sucks up. It's definitely worth doing.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 08:34:36
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 08:34:36