Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Vehicle collision question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2006 08:28
Am testing vehicle instruction set.
A question and a comment.

Question: How does the wheel add instructions know what part of the model are to be the wheels, and how can I control and predict what part are going to perform collision on other objects? Can I visualize the collision geometry?

I have used another engine that uses ODE and separate geometry for collision and the visible part. They use spheres for mobile (dynamic) objects. It is cumbersome, but it is predictable.

Dark Physics can construct the vehicle only with 4 wheels, but as I mentioned above, I have not a sense of control over the final result.

Comment: I have included a small "PeekaMe" slide show with some screen captures to illustrate some small errors I have perceived. To see it just download the free player from
http://www.nobandidos.com. Unzip the file and open it.

May the 3d force B with U

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2006 10:58
When adding wheels into a vehicle you have to specify the location and size of each wheel in turn. When doing this you also specify a parameter determining which object and limb is going to be the visual representation of this wheel.

There's detailed information in the documentation explaining how this process works. I'd recommend reading this first and then experimenting with the Vehicle demo to see how it all works. It will also help if you use the debugger while creating your vehicle so you get to see exactly how it's represented in the simulation.
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2006 10:59
HowDo made a demo show showing a vehicle that you may like to take a look at as well http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=86141&b=30
JDforce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2006 06:32
You are correct. Somehow I missed the limb parameter clearly shown on the help docs. Guess is the late hour am playing with this..

Thanks.

May the 3d force B with U

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 11:39:00
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 11:39:00