Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Save/Load Gaming Software - Screenshots/Information

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Tyler and I have been working on this project for a while. Information will be posted shortly by Tyler. The price is estimated to be somewhere around $10. In the meantime, attached is a screenshot of the program. The program is near completion, and I promise that the interface will be much prettier soon.

Tom

Attachments

Login to view attachments
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2006 20:58
I am not asking you to divulge any deep,dark secret.
A save/load function is the most wanted thing around these parts.
I was just wondering how you went about pulling this off and if it would require an alteration to the source code or increase the file size?
I understand if any of this is top secret and you can't/don't want to answer.
I just had to ask.
Looking good so far.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2006 21:06
Thank you very much for the information.This looks promising.

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Looking good thats all i can say
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Why is this thread moved? I request it be moved back. It obeys the rules of the Showcase in that a screenshot is posted and it is to do with FPSC Games. Those are the rules of the showcase, so I request it REMAINS within Showcase.

Tom

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2006 21:39 Edited at: 8th Aug 2006 21:39
I moved it to this forum as I believe it to be the most appropriate forum.

Request denied.

If another Mod wants to move it back then thats their perogative.

"I am and forever will be your friend"
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Uman,
Look around the Chat section. Do many of the threads contain a screenshot, and talk of their program? No. When I remember the other Save/Load programs in the Showcase section, did they get moved at all? No. They were fine where they were. Please do not intervene, and just move this thread back into the Showcase where it actually belongs!

Tom

Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
wow tom to be honest this is great

Join The Lucid Nightmare Forums Today!
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 8th Aug 2006 21:56
This looks good. From the pictures and your descriptions I get the idea that this is not a save/load in the normal sense that you have one game file and your program saves your place, so to speak, within that file.

It looks like you have broken a game into many smaller parts and what is saved is the part that you are currently in. Is this the case? If not, can you give any more information on what it actually does without divulging how it does it?

Crazy Grandpa
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2006 22:03
Yes, thank you. That's what I thought, but I wanted to make sure. Keep up the good work.

Crazy Grandpa
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2006 22:21
Why do people say its save and load when you have to use some crappy third party programme to store your games in.

I would be impressed if it was built into the fpsc source code.

Ive seen around 5 of these things be posted and they are all alike.
brummel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2006 22:25
This looks promising but i also agree with higgins.

Dont forget to visit my website for scripts!
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2006 22:42
Once you have a finished/working product; I don't see any problem with listing it both in the Chat board and the Showcase board. Keep up the good work.

-Keith

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2006 23:13
This looks great but..... it still isn't getting around the same old problem: HUGE GAMES.

Imagine dividing a game up into 8 missions and each mission having at least 3 levels in it. You're going to end up with a huge game OR you need to start moving lots of files and folders manually to decrease the level size. Either you stuck with a good amount of work or a huge game.

Now let me get one thing figured out.... if I'm on Mission 8 and Mission 8 has 4 levels. Let's assume I do stop in level 3 of Mission 8. Next time I start Mission 8, what happens???? Do I need to start at level 1 of Mission 8 or can I jump right into level 3 of Mission 8? What I'm reading into your information is that I have to start Mission 8 all over again, am I correct?

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you all for the comments. KeithC, yes it can stay in here after all.

Tom

Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2006 00:14
Wow, hearing this is a cool birthday present for me

AE (birthday boy)

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2006 00:48 Edited at: 9th Aug 2006 00:51
Quote: "The Mission8 part starting over is correct so far, but the huge game problem has been fixed."

No, it hasn't..... because that has nothing to do with your menu, it's the way FPSC builds game. It's simple math.... 8 missions x 4 levels x (at least) 25Mb per level = at least 800Mb, but that's the minimum. Your menu system isn't going to change anything about that.

Quote: "So meaning at a later version, probably in a week or two this will be the case:

I beat all missions up to mission 7, i beat 3 out of 4 levels for mission 7. The next time I load mission 7 i will start stright at level 4, because it was the last one i played that I haven't completed. Sound good?"

Sorry to say so, sound like an empty promise. To accomplish this you will have to dig into the source code of FPSC or build each level separately.

Quote: "Oh, I can go do this myself", because you can't."

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I already did it for my game and so did Merranvo and others.... we may not have used VB for it, but still your system isn't anything differently at all.

Once you come up with a system that can save and load levels from one single multiple level FPSC build game, I'm willing to pay you the $10. But I doubt that you manage that. Until then it's not worth the money for me.

GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Something like that is worth more than $10, pal. We're releasing a Save/Load program, and although you may think it's not different from others, let's compare prices. Take Mr. Love's Menu Extreme for example-about $60, was it? We are charging 1/6 of that price!

Tom

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2006 01:16
Quote: "We're releasing a Save/Load program"

Actually, what you are releasing is a level loading program which requires the end user to create multiple game exe's by compiling each of his levels into a single game and install them into your program is some form or fashion.

That's fine, and I am sure it will be of value to some users, but it is not a save/ load program. The program does not save the state of the game, nor does it load it. It only loads levels.

Crazy Grandpa
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2006 01:43 Edited at: 9th Aug 2006 01:46
As xplosys said and it's not even loading levels, it loads build games. This is not a save/load program, just a glorified frontloader. You can make it sound as fancy as you want, it's still the same old thing. As for the price.... what can I say? Just do a search on the forums and you may find the same thing for free.

Quote: "Take Mr. Love's Menu Extreme for example-about $60, was it?"

Ouch, bad example.... you really don't want to compare your menu to that one, bad for business. We all know what happened to Menu Extreme or should I say we all know Menu Extreme never happened.

Well, going to bed, see you all tomorrow again.

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2006 04:04
If I came up with a load and save feature, I wouldnt charge for it, I would give it away.
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2006 04:39 Edited at: 9th Aug 2006 04:41
It was both of us who programmed it, Higgins! I can code very well in Visual Basic, thank you very much.

If you really want to see something, then I made a little click the button application using If Then Statements and a Variable.

Module 1 Code:
Public Clicks
Command1 is the button. It's code:
Clicks = Clicks + 1
Label1.Caption = "Clicks: " & Clicks
If Clicks = 20 Then
Label2.Caption = "Welcome to teh Click game!!!"
End If
If Clicks = 40 Then
Label2.Caption = "lolzzzz"
End If
And so on...

I would post it here to prove you wrong, but I am making it for another project that Tyler and I are working upon.

Also I am doing most of the coding for the other project we are working upon!

Tom

Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes. Thank you all for the interest in the Save/Load! Anyone who is interested, please purchase from the link!

Tom

kraM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2006 05:00
I'll give it a go this weekend. Thanks!

Surfin' The Apocalypse
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the comment and service, kraM. I hope you find it fits your needs.

Tom

Me Self
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmm , its ok , but could you try to make the buttons alittle better , it looks rubbish seeing those Internet explor buttons , like "Submit" etc . Its gray and plain .

Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2006 09:20
Tom,

Is the interface customizable? I'm interested, but I would prefer to use my own media instead of that that is included. If it is customizable, what aspects can you change?

Evil has a new name. Demo out now!
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2006 12:16

now i know where my save file code was needed for...

WHAT DO YOU WANT?
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2006 12:19
Quote: "now i know where my save file code was needed for..."

If that is the case, just contact TGC and/or some mods and if you're correct they will deal with it.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2006 14:08
Quote: "If that is the case, just contact TGC and/or some mods and if you're correct they will deal with it."

im OK with it,i just thought it was for private use...

i got Tyler on my MSN and well,all my snippets i got are coded myself or made by someone else,offcourse i got permission to use it.

i just dont like it if someone asks code,and i assume its for private use,and then he uses it for a community project.

WHAT DO YOU WANT?
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2006 14:31
If he's selling it, it isn't a community project, it's commercial. I hope this is not the case.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2006 14:37
it seems theyr selling it.

hmm...

i dont appriciate that...

WHAT DO YOU WANT?
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2006 14:40
If this is the case, and they didn't ask your permission to use it for a commercial project; then both threads may have to be shut down.

-Keith

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2006 14:44
Im quite sure that if he had just told me what to use it for,i wouldnt be like this,at the moment i was freaking out on my desk...

(no it isnt broken yet)

i think Tyler should consider telling something and asking permission before using something commercialy.

WHAT DO YOU WANT?
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2006 15:45
Hahaha, see, I was right, it wasnt coded by them at all, just stolen and its being sold.

How sad can you get, plus, your still lying out your arse tom.
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2006 15:47
TYLER asked the code,Tom didnt.

i know it because he asked me to give it.

WHAT DO YOU WANT?
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2006 16:07
But what you have said, seems like they asked for code which would be for private use, but then stabbed you in the back by selling it.

But I knew tom couldnt code, he just lies.

So, Accel Leon, what are you going to do about this? I know I would get the Mods to close it, if I found they where selling what I gave them for private use.
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2006 16:11
i already thought KeithC locked the topics after my reply.but he didnt...

i assume i should contact him to do so.

WHAT DO YOU WANT?
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2006 16:39 Edited at: 9th Aug 2006 16:41
I thought Tyler himself had made the coding which he used? Accel Leon, add me on MSN and we can find out if the code you used is the same as what Tyler did.
tkingston@hotmail.co.uk

Again, this is the first I have heard of this. And if this is the case, I will exclude myself from any involvement with this program, and be fine with both the threads being locked. But not until it is proven. Tyler gave me the impression the codes he used were ones he had done himself.

Tom

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2006 16:43
Quote: "I thought Tyler himself had made the coding which he used? Accel Leon, add me on MSN and we can find out if the code you used is the same as what Tyler did.
tkingston@hotmail.co.uk"

you got me on MSN for a while already...

Dino_Saurus92...

and i got a file that proofs i gave him the codes.i sended it to KeithC over email.

WHAT DO YOU WANT?
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2006 16:49
Proof 1 in image.(Part 1 of .xml file.)

WHAT DO YOU WANT?

Attachments

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2006 16:50 Edited at: 9th Aug 2006 16:50
Proof part 2

Thats the full .xml file i got from a message log,this is the reason i keep MSN logging files of every time i speak someone.

WHAT DO YOU WANT?

Attachments

Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, i've seen the proof. Tyler stole the codes from Acccel Leon. Please nobody hold it against ME, I had no idea. Tyler told me that he had an idea to use RichTextBoxes. I've just seen the history from Accel Leon, showing that it was his idea in the first place and that Tyler stole it from him. Could the mods please lock this and the other topic? I will be talking to Tyler when he comes on about taking down the shop.

Tom

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 07:51:14
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 07:51:14