Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Need help concerning Segments - Please Read!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2006 20:57
Hello all forum users.
I have a slight problem with my segments... When I use any type of wall segment, custon or default ones, the wall blocks the window opening - Check out the screenshot attached!
Any tips, please?

Yours in Gaming,
Dan

Weeee

Attachments

Login to view attachments
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2006 21:02
You must use a window segment and not window entity.

All such default segments that require an opening to be cut through a wall have a punch element included that does the cutting of the hole.

"I am and forever will be your friend"
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2006 21:08
Yup, theyre window segments, not entities!
Ty for the reply though

Weeee
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2006 21:34 Edited at: 10th Aug 2006 21:35
Then you should have no problem.

Your problem is I believe that you are trying to place the windows in the Large wall Segment when you need to use default room segments.

The large wall segment has some of problems associated with it and is not designed to work with window segments.

Windows are normally placed in buildings - buildings inside FPSC are built using room segments or prefabs which are themselves made from room segments.

You need to understand how FPSC works and follow the rules or you will encounter all kinds of problems.

Try placing the windows in one of the room segment walls seen in your screen shot and it should work fine.

Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2006 22:01
Thank you very much, uman.
Got the problem sorted by using a custom room segment - worked a treat! Thanks again pal, much appreciated,

Dan

Weeee
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2006 14:36 Edited at: 11th Aug 2006 14:38
Your welcome.

Theres nothing specifically in the program really to tell users that they should not use door or windows in a segment like the Large Wall segment so its something that can easily become a problem. One might expect that a window could be placed in any segmet wall not just standard room segments. It has to do with the way the engine is designed to handle these things and the parameters specified for differing object types inside the segments and their script files when they are created and how the engine understands them.

The large wall segment used to have some bugs attached to it too but I think was upadated and fixed when V1 was released or apparently so.

Glad to help.

Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2006 01:27
*Sighs and flutters eyelashes* So intelligent...

Haha

Weeee

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 06:33:10
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 06:33:10