Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / "Waiting to Join" in Multiplayer

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2006 00:40
My girlfriend and I have been testing a multiplayer map that I made. We are testing it out over the Internet. We have both allowed the game on our firewalls and forwarded the port 2303 to the correct address in our router config.
But when she hosts and I try to join, I get stuck on the "waiting to join" screen. The same thing happens to her when I host and she tries to join.
I've searched the forum and found no answers to this problem. Does anyone know of a solution which hasn't been posted?

When there's
no more room in HELL
the dead will walk the EARTH
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2006 01:36
The exact reason is unknown as far as I am aware. There are various suggestions put forward.

I am not sure if anyone knows definatively what the cause is including Lee or anyone else from TGC. It has existed scince Beta testing of V1 and I have not heard of a definative reason given out by anyone.

I had the problem for months across LAN until I discovered it was teleporters being used in an MP game causing it until they were removed. Such physics objects are not allowed in MP games. So you could try checking for such non allowed entities if you have run out of other ideas.

"I am and forever will be your friend"
yoyo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2006 16:53
I had the same problem with my game a while back, basically I was told that sometimes the builder just glitches, and I had to rebuild it and try again. It's a waste of time if your using all maxed out gfx options as it takes forever to build, but for me, it's worth it and I can just rebuild until it works. It's sad but true, sometimes, you just gotta get lucky....
ZAKU
Years of Service
User Offline
DEAD,
I've personally encountered this problem a whole bunch of times.
What Ive found out in my numerous tests is the following:

Disable all firewalls protecting your network,this includes XP's and especially if you have something like Norton Netshield or another antivirus installed that monitors your network or acts as a shield.
If you're playing through a router and not a direct modem or link,read the documentation and disable the appropriate port on your router.

Also,it will not work if one pc (the host is setup to auto obtain the ip address it uses,specify it )

I think one of those should solveit.
Remember:If you build it they will come LOL

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2006 01:22
Zaku, What the... looks at reference to field of dreams.

Yes, firewalls can do screwy things, but all you need to do is grant privledges to it. Furthermore, if the firewall is what is causing problems you have to uninstall it, no disable it.

And you want to portforward the port, not disable it. Unfortunatly explaining how to do this procedure requires onsite navigation, fortunatly if you bought router you also have a help line.

And your final say I think SHOULD be that if you are connected to a router then you are assigned an internal ip and that is the ip that is sent out, to connect to YOUR computer they will have to enter the real IP. (whatismyip.com)

Your Mod was deleted by the Government.
drew4663
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Uman
I was wondering the same thing. Great advice. I created a test MP lvl and it did great. Then I added a few more options one of those being a teleporter. I have not had an opportunity to test your theory yet but it makes hopeful sense. I will let everyone know the outcome to confirm uman's theory. Thanks.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 18:22:51
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 18:22:51