Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / dbBuildTerrain causing errors

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 13th Aug 2006 21:05
when i compile the following code without including dbBuildTerrain it works fine but as soon as i include it i get an error!!! By the way the heightmaps and Textures are 512*512 png files

The Error Message is as follows

fubar
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2006 07:48
I have attached a heightfield a texture and a detail map if anyone wants to try my code. Its a rar file sorry if you dont have winrar.

Thanks in advance

fubar

Attachments

Login to view attachments
tkuehnl
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, it has been a few days but in case you are still waiting for an answer, I believe you need to add this prior to your other terrain calls:

dbSetupTerrain();

Atleast, I don't see it in your code and it will crash without it.

Good luck,

Todd
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2006 12:52
You were right i need dbSetupTerrain() added to the prog i also needed to get the pathing right because visual studio puts the exe's in a release folder and in a debug folder forward of the directory i was using the compiler found the files and didnt complain but when it was ran it did some strange things. The most amusing thing i thought when i set up my last project rather similar it could find the pathing properly so i added a tempory line of code for now

fubar
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2006 02:56
Can Someone please tell me if there is some thing different about the GDK terrain commands because it seems it aint setting up the terrain properly now here is my setup terrain code
Please check my terrain screen dump and see the invisible areas not showing

fubar

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-17 05:07:15
Your offset time is: 2024-06-17 05:07:15