Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / An annoying problem I'm seeing more and more of...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2006 04:25 Edited at: 14th Aug 2006 04:27
Well,today,I started working out dark physics into my game engine. I get alot of the physics functions working,and what do I get? When it runs,everything goes according to plan. Then,when they land on eachother,they seem to freeze. Even if a corner of one box is the only thing colliding with another box,it will stop the top one from tipping. It'll act as if its sitting on a ghost box. And then,also,the boxes start jumping on the ground... I know its not a gravity problem,because they fall correctly when not touching any other object.

EDIT : Ok,some good news. If I don't use the phy set rigid body mass command everything is fine. I don't get why it won't work with that command though... Also,how does dark physics calculate mass if you don't set it? By the size of the object?

Woohoo. DP is finally released!
bosskeith
Years of Service
User Offline
yes it determines it by size if not set...also 1 DBP unit is equal to 1 meter in physics world...also have you looked up restitution?
(i believe that is what it is called) that should help your jumping boxes.Corner thing has me baffled . have you ran the physics debugger for this?

also dont you find all so anoying when they use also too much

Ink all over the screen...and dang it! Signature still does not show.
Xarshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2006 04:56
Well,with the mass being calculated by dark physics,it fixed everything but the bouncing,but then I realized I had forgot to save the file where I had set the restitution to 0.2. It was at 1.0

Woohoo. DP is finally released!
bosskeith
Years of Service
User Offline
ahh that would do it

Ink all over the screen...and dang it! Signature still does not show.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 17:21:48
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 17:21:48