Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Has anyone created any siege weapons or castles to attack using these new physics? I was just messing around in an atempt to create a box throwing catapult, the only problem is it works in reverse. I.E it throws the box away from the rotational point instead of over it. Any ideas on why this is?

Your mod has been erased by a signature
bosskeith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2006 06:21 Edited at: 15th Aug 2006 07:48
the exact reason why catapults have a basket so that the basket edges hold the objects inertial forces until they are directed straight forward from the basket...but you may also notice that the basket is never drawn beyond the horizon...i will show quick paint sketch for you brb.

Ink all over the screen...and dang it! Signature still does not show.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2006 06:23
I would think you need to make a stop at the end the box is and to make the pivot point larger.

make the model near to a real one my work like one.

if you did what you have for real like a rule a drinks can and a box of some thing and then did as in the sim hit the other end it would probably fly off the same way.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
bosskeith
Years of Service
User Offline
i will throw one on here in a moment ...in process of building it

Black Mesa
Years of Service
User Offline
After adding a really ghetto basket I've got something going. Goes about 500 feet on a straight path, doesnt look pretty though. Ill post it up here after I tweak some other stuff.

Your mod has been erased by a signature
bosskeith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2006 07:49 Edited at: 15th Aug 2006 07:50
i created a rickety one for ya...it has got the shakes but it still worked lol...any idea how to kill the shakes?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 05:03:13
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 05:03:13