Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Has anyone made any working code that will rotate a bunch of rigid bodies that are joined together. I tried using the rotate object commands and the phy rotate rigid body commands but they didnt seem to work.

Your mod has been erased by a signature
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2006 10:03
Try enabling the kinematic property for your rigid bodies. There's a demo included in the rigid bodies folder that shows how this works.
Black Mesa
Years of Service
User Offline
No luck. All I want is so that I can hit 'D' and rotate the catapult to a new heading.

Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2006 10:26
Thanks for posting source code. Always helps to see what is going on WKinematic objects are useful in some cases but after seeing what you're doing then you need to do something more. Restructuring the catapult will be helpful here. Ideally you need some kind of support for it to sit on and then you can add in a turning point which uses a revolute joint. The addition of some extra parts will make all of this possible. It will take a little longer to set up but you will have a pretty flexible catapult at the end that can do all you want. The Dark Physics\Demos\Joints\Revolute Joint demo may be useful to you. It shows how you can turn things by using motors and joints.
Black Mesa
Years of Service
User Offline
Hrrrrmmm, still nothing.

Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2006 08:31
I have made some changes to your program:

* after creating box 3 adjust the line where it makes the revolute joint from phy make revolute joint 1, 2, 3, 0, 0, 1, 0, 15, 0 to phy make revolute joint 1, 2, 3, 0, 1, 0, 0, 15, 0

* add this line in to spin the catapult around phy set rigid body angular velocity 3, 0, 1, 0

Still going to need some further work to sort it out but it's a step in the right direction.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 10:29:11
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 10:29:11