Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPSC Spec Questions; Interested In Purchasing FPSC

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2006 05:54
Hello, I am looking to buy FPSC, however before I do so, I am curious as to some things about FPSC. If you are capable of answering any of the following questions, I look forward to reading any replies.

First Question: Roughly how many polygons is FPSC capable of handling without overloading, dropping below an unplayable FPS, and/or possibly crashing; on the average home users system? For example, how many 100,000 polygon entities do you think FPSC could render in a built .exe file, without dieing on the user?

Second Question: What are FPSC's video capabilities? I have been looking around the forums and I have noted many people saying its "not possible" to load video files from within FPSC. Is this truly something thats impossible, or is it something that "could" be done by designing a script to load video files when necessary?

Third Question: 50 Levels doesn't seem like enough to suit my purposes, of course this will also depend on how much room is given per level. Is FPSC capable of loading another .exe file should the time become necessary? If it is not, can it be soft-coded with scripts, or would it be necessary to have the user load the next .exe?

Fourth Question: I have read there is a pre-made physics engine made for FPSC created FPS's; however, am I able to design my own physics engine via scripts and such, or is the physics engine hard-coded within FPSC and thus being forced to work with it and only be able to edit the bits that we are capable of modifying?

Fifth and Final Question: Should any of these or other things not be possible with FPSC; I believe I read somewhere it was design with Dark Basic Pro; Is it possible to edit the source of the FPSC project, or to decompile the created .exe to be loaded up within DBPro, where-in the necessary modifications could be made, which could not have been done before with FPSC?

Thanks for all your help.

- Damon
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2006 11:26
Quote: "First Question: Roughly how many polygons is FPSC capable of handling without overloading, dropping below an unplayable FPS, and/or possibly crashing; on the average home users system? For example, how many 100,000 polygon entities do you think FPSC could render in a built .exe file, without dieing on the user?
"

no rough bet on what it is...

only this:
100.000POLY'S???
even the editor will crash with one model of that

Quote: "Second Question: What are FPSC's video capabilities? I have been looking around the forums and I have noted many people saying its "not possible" to load video files from within FPSC. Is this truly something thats impossible, or is it something that "could" be done by designing a script to load video files when necessary?
"

its possible,but theres a storyzone bug.only 1 movie per Build exe.

Quote: "Third Question: 50 Levels doesn't seem like enough to suit my purposes, of course this will also depend on how much room is given per level. Is FPSC capable of loading another .exe file should the time become necessary? If it is not, can it be soft-coded with scripts, or would it be necessary to have the user load the next .exe?"

50 levels not enough???
people arent producing the next Halo with this dude.this is for fun.commercial games arent made alot with this.

and theres no load another exe command.there isnt even load game or save game!

Quote: "Fourth Question: I have read there is a pre-made physics engine made for FPSC created FPS's; however, am I able to design my own physics engine via scripts and such, or is the physics engine hard-coded within FPSC and thus being forced to work with it and only be able to edit the bits that we are capable of modifying?
"

to integrate your own psychics engine,you need to have Bark Basic Pro.

Quote: "Fifth and Final Question: Should any of these or other things not be possible with FPSC; I believe I read somewhere it was design with Dark Basic Pro; Is it possible to edit the source of the FPSC project, or to decompile the created .exe to be loaded up within DBPro, where-in the necessary modifications could be made, which could not have been done before with FPSC?"

if you own DBP u6.2 you can get the FPSC source plus required files in the extra's pack.then you could indeed make modifications that arent made before.but you need knowledge of DBP...the source is very complicated,and messy on some parts.

e-Drome Productions website,we renewed one with 1GB of webspace and Paypal!w00t!

e-Drome website
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2006 12:09
There's a free demo of FPSC. Try it and you can experience most of the answer for yourself. The demo is the same as the full application, except for building exe's and content.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2006 13:37
How many times must we get these interested in buying threads? Search the forums.

RF
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2006 16:21
Many times people just want to hear from the user's mouth about an application; rather than relying on the documentation on the sale's page. I did the same thing before buying 3D World Studio. Welcome to the forums, Damon.

-Keith

Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2006 17:46
Quote: "to integrate your own psychics engine,you need to have Bark Basic Pro."

Interesting, where does one purchase a copy of "Bark" Basic Pro?

visit http://teammegabasic.proboards59.com. Register and expand our community. Registration is free and only takes a minute.
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2006 18:13
Quote: "Interesting, where does one purchase a copy of "Bark" Basic Pro?
"

Typo

but the program sounds funny on that way

e-Drome Productions website,we renewed one with 1GB of webspace and Paypal!w00t!

e-Drome website
DamonV
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2006 19:14
Thank you Accel Leon. It appears I shall have to take the time necessary to download the trial version; so that I can get the feel for it before purchasing the full version, along with Dark Basic Pro.

Also, thank you Keith. Word of mouth from experienced users is the best way to find out about any piece of software. It is normally the only way to find out the "little" things which the developers do not include in there advertising of their products; in this case, such as that in-ability to save and load.

Thanks again.

- Damon

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 06:37:38
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 06:37:38