Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Story Zone Problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey everyone. I searched the forums to help me solve my problem, I came up with a few results but it didn't quite answer my question

On the first level of my game I'm trying to put a story zone over the player start. When I do so nothing happens and as far as I know I edited the properties and everything right. I'm gonna keep trying to figure it out myself but if anyone could help me it would be appreciated.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 20th Aug 2006 23:38
If nothing happens, check the properties of your story zone and make sure the audio or video properties are proper locations for your content. Also make sure your content is in an acceptable format.

You can try the default storyvideo.AVI as the video content to see if is a problem with your content.

[href]http://www.fpsfree.com/[/href]
Bane
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, I've tried everything and I'm stuck. It works with the original story zone movie that came with FPSC but not with mine. They're in the same format so I don't know why mine isn't working.

What do you consider proper locations for my content?
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 20th Aug 2006 23:51
The best location would be the same folder that the default storyzone.avi is in, but what I meant was to make sure the path for the avi in your storyzone properties is correct.

Bane
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok thank you. I'll keep trying to get it to work.
Bane
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2006 00:16 Edited at: 21st Aug 2006 00:27
I was wrong about it being the same format. It is WMV instead of AVI so how can I convert it?

EDIT: Nevermind I got it to work. I put it in the proper folder and it didn't work at first but now it does. Thanks so much man!
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2006 00:59
You can use Windows Movie Maker to convert your file to .avi but it will be uncompressed and HUGE.
There are a variety of other apps that will do it.Stoik Video converter (the old version) is a good one.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 06:35:11
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 06:35:11