Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / How much money have you guys...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
...made off of your games? I'm just wondering if these games even sell. Also, if you do sell them, where at?
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 22nd Aug 2006 00:12
I've made about -$105.00 so far. (cost of FPSC, model packs, MagicFPS, etc)

HandK
Years of Service
User Offline
Yep about that for me, less you want to count Hisoft basic, Amos, Amos pro, Blitz 2.2, Visual c++ 6, Dark Sdk, Pure basic and BlitzMax. Cos then Its a lot bigger - number

H&K
Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2006 02:50
Quote: "made off of your games?"

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2006 02:53
FPSC games? Or every game I've created so far?.....

FPSC has just been released so I haven't made much money with them. But when it comes to every game I've created so far, hold on. let me think for a while....

OK, I'm back and made a small list of what I purchased with the money made from my games. 3 RC Model Aircrafts (wingspan ranging from 20 centimeter to almost 1 meter), 3 RC helicopters (did you guess my other hobby by now?), a PC, a lot of software: a number of game engines (FPSC, Multimedia Fusion 1&1.5dev&2, 3D GameStudio A6 Comm.), some 3D applications (Vue 5 Pro, Carrara 5, gameSpace 1.5, TrueSpace 6.6, Bryce 5&5.5, Poser 5 & 6), Serif's complete office software suite (DTP, drawing, photo-editing and more), Motion Artist 2&3, Manga Studio EX. And even some cash to spent. All in all, I can't complain

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
Darth Valtar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2006 04:43 Edited at: 22nd Aug 2006 04:46
Ownage24 that is, In my opinion, A worthless and hurtful question. Gee..Why not ask " Is..Is..TGC making "any" money off there software? Heck dude, My next door neighbor is another month away from his FPSC made game and with all the publicity and advertisment the pre-sales are now up to $800 bucks!And from all the beta testers are saying it is going to make its money plus more. So yea FPSC made games "are" making money. Mods lock this thread please.
Ownage24
Years of Service
User Offline
Dude you dont understand the question...

I'm wondering, if any is actually selling their games so I know if it is worth buying this file... Geez dont spazz over a topic...

I don't care about if you in the negatives with software and stuff... Im just wondering on your games alone, how much money you have made making games with FPSC, and where you sell them?

Has anyone tried ebay?
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2006 11:38
Quote: "I'm wondering, if any is actually selling their games so I know if it is worth buying this file... Geez dont spazz over a topic..."

Well I already answered that, didn't I? You're not going to get any other answers, expept for the vagues ones like my neighbour has already and so on. The short answer is NO. Some of us have been selling their games and made some money of it, enough to justify the investment, but that's about it.

Besides, you're asking the wrong question. It's not the engine that determines if you're going to sell any games, it's the person using it.

Are you willing to put all of your spare time into game making? Are you willing to face endless hours of bug traking, redoing levels, spending hours to overcome problems your game is facing? Are you willing to learn to use the engine and overcome all of it's flaws? Are you willing to spent countless hours on how to script/code or program? toCan you model, if not do you know someone who can do it well, or are you willing to spent years learning it? Can you texture, do you know some one who can do it very well or are you willing to spent many months learning it? An do on and so and so on.....

Have your read all of this this
Quote: "http://makeitbigingames.com/blog/?p=29"
and
Quote: "http://makeitbigingames.com/blog/?p=14"
? Important stuff to go through before even starting.

You've asked the wrong question and you've asked at the wrong place. 99% of what comes here aren't cut out for making money with game design. The engine as is, isn't up to making commercial games. It takes a lot of effort to create a commercial game with FPSC and in the end you may fail.

Is all doom and gloom? Not at all, but you need to face the fact that lot's of people want to be selling games and try it, even for years, and have no success what so ever. I know thousands of wanna be game developers.... only few of them are making any money of their games.

So if you're serious about game design.... forget you ever did see FPSC and start looking at some more serious tools. If you just want to make a fun game and don't want to spent years doing so, to show your friends and so on, not making any (serious) money at all, then go for it, get FPSC. Try the demo and see if it suits you.

But if you're serious about making money (which I really doubt), leave now.....

But my final word of advice to you is, forget this whole game making idea and get yourself a job in the real world. If you're to young to do so then spent your time and effort at excelling at school, so you can find a good job later. If you're old enough to work, but got a lousy job and no perspective, go back to college or so. Want any more advice?

GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
phil17
Years of Service
User Offline
FSPC is a excellent tool for FPS games and im 100% positive any number of these games has the potential to make money and many people use the programme for a hobby. With so many packs being relased for FPSC by the members (all costing money of course ) there is enough models/programmes to making a very professional game.
This is a very cheap programme and you will spend more on these forums than you do on FPSC yourself unless you can model/texture etc.
GET FPSC

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 22nd Aug 2006 16:32
I was fooling around with my response earlier, but Benjamin A really hit the nail on the head.

Quote: "It's not the engine that determines if you're going to sell any games, it's the person using it.
"

I believe that the engine is capable of turning out great content if someone is capable and willing to put forth the effort. I also believe that the engine will improve in time.

Just for Ownage24's benefit I will restate the obvious. It takes a team of writers, coders, modelers, and other members many months or years to put out a good game. FPSC just hasn't been out long enough for someone to put out a first rate game yet.

And Ownage24 wasn't being funny or slick with his question. He just wanted our opinion on the software.

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2006 17:30
Ive earned £999,937,920,000.99
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2006 18:03
Higgins, I'm looking for an investor for my new game Caveman's World. Since you've earned £999,937,920,000.99 perhaps you would like to invest? I'm pretty sure once the game is out I'll reach my £999,937,920,000.99 also.

Darth Valtar
Years of Service
User Offline
Ownage24 I apologize for getting upset with your question, Ben A you have always given great advice for as long as I can remember and you will be happy to know that FPSC is going to be a BIG help in my collage portfolio, If I can get the cash to get in. Cheers.
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2006 20:02
Ben, ill paypal you all of it now, I feel like becoming a tramp.
HandK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2006 01:14 Edited at: 23rd Aug 2006 01:15
If you didnt care about the "No I havent made any money" anwsers than you should have asked who had made some money.

H&K
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2006 19:37 Edited at: 23rd Aug 2006 19:38
i made -$49, $50 for FPSC, and $1 in selling games .

3.2 Ghz PD Processor, 2 GB of (667 Mhz) RAM, 10,000 RPM HD,
ASUS GeForce 7950 GX2 (1 GB of onboard video memory)
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 25th Aug 2006 01:30
You can make millions or nothing! Its possible to make a better game than Half Life...

I want to see a FPSC Professional! And lets make it REALLY expensive this time......
HandK
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Its possible to make a better game than Half Life..."

Hmmmm

H&K
Paul112
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2006 23:16
Quote: "You can make millions or nothing! Its possible to make a better game than Half Life..."

Already been done, I think they called it 'Pacman.'
I've made £0 profits, and the negative cost of FPSC.
Paul

Sleep is no real substitute for Coffee...
Gemstone Games
Years of Service
User Offline
@Ownage24:
Until TGC releases their planned update for FPSC, a full-scale commercial game is difficult to pull off. Once that happens, though, something tells me you're gonna see a skyrocketing of decently made commercial games.

Formerly JMC...
bdgbdg
Years of Service
User Offline
Is there a release date of that update?

Project FPS - started development.
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2006 00:44
Quote: "Until TGC releases their planned update for FPSC, a full-scale commercial game is difficult to pull off. Once that happens, though, something tells me you're gonna see a skyrocketing of decently made commercial games."

That coul be true, but you're overlooking one thing..... the fps market is saturated and huge shifts in customer buying habits are happening and their not if favour of fps games at all.

Gemstone Games
Years of Service
User Offline
So is the RPG market, and you still see three of those released every month.

Formerly JMC...
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2006 17:41
Yes and in FPS games we see far more released every month. It's not what is released, but what is selling.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 07:49:51
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 07:49:51