Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Starting your game...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I was just wondering, when people here make their first level of their FPSC games, how do they "start"?

As in, how does your character [the player] arrive in the gameworld?
(ex: EvilMansion - the player's car has broken down and they venture into the creepy manor house in search of help - you begin the game just inside the front door)

I ask this because I have a nice idea for a post-alien invasion game, but need to think of a reason why the gun-packing player "suddenly appears" in it...

Does anyone have any tried and tested plausable "starts" for their games - I've done the "wake up in cell-escape-find gun-go kill" routine, but for the life of me I cant think of a decent alternative...

...well, except for being a lone soldier dropped in by airship or the like, but I cant make AVI vids to do that! :S
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2006 19:35
um, well, unless you have a story zone, the character will just pop up, that's the only way i can think of how to get around it.

3.2 Ghz PD Processor, 2 GB of (667 Mhz) RAM, 10,000 RPM HD,
ASUS GeForce 7950 GX2 (1 GB of onboard video memory)
Cyborg
Years of Service
User Offline
You could make the loading screen show a little story like :it was a grim day in new york when alien ships invaded earth abducting inoccent people including john doh were after the abduction found himself in an alien prison.end of story.Then you could get the player to use an old piece of alien material he found as a weapon.done

Quoth the raven "Nevermore."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 07:50:55
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 07:50:55