Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPS Creator Capable of Multiplayer?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2006 07:56
Does anybody have an example of a game made in FPSC that includes multiplayer? I was thinking a simple deathmatch type game simimlar to paintball but with features that are taboo on this forum
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2006 12:20
...FPSC multiplayer games dont have any players online most of the time.dont ask me why though.

e-Drome Productions website,we renewed one with 1GB of webspace and Paypal!w00t!

e-Drome website
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2006 15:20
They dont have players, because most of the users are clueless to how to open ports and so on. So they cant host online games and they blame fpsc for it.

But fpsc isnt the best multiplayer engine, it only allows 8 players and few multiplayer options.
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2006 15:25
Quote: "They dont have players, because most of the users are clueless to how to open ports and so on. So they cant host online games and they blame fpsc for it."

Thanks for explaining.

Quote: "But fpsc isnt the best multiplayer engine, it only allows 8 players and few multiplayer options. "

...True,if you want a very good online game,CODE one yourself.

FPSC-Toolkit in the make.Progress log:
FPSC-Segments 35%---FPSC-Entity 's 0%---FPSC-Signs 0%
FPSC-Decals 0%---FPSC Characters 0%
Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2006 20:25
I have hosted a multiplayer test that I made with FPSC. But when another one of my friends joined the game it crashed. True, what Accel Leon said, Coding a game is a better option and you can do a lot more if you code one. I have made a simple online role playing game with cubes for each player in Dark Basic Professional so it can be done if you dedicate yourself.

visit http://teammegabasic.proboards59.com. Register and expand our community. Registration is free and only takes a minute.
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2006 20:27
The key to every game to survive:

Quote: "dedicate"

Without that the game lacks of good points and well,might never even be finished.

And im still working out a server in DBPro.its killing me...

Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2006 20:35
Accel Leon, you're right. I have about 50 folders in Dark Basic Professional and 100 folders in Dark Basic Classic of unfinished projects. Along time ago everytime I had an idea I began making it but then I lost interest and did another. It's a bad habit and many people have it. But now I've broke that habit and concentrated on one thing at a time. I think a team has better dedication then a single person thats why big name games get finished because of the team effort put into it.

Oh, about your server problems have you considered using Benjamins excellent multiplayer plugins for Dark Basic Pro? You will find them for free on the Program Announcments board.

visit http://teammegabasic.proboards59.com. Register and expand our community. Registration is free and only takes a minute.
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2006 21:30
i use MultiSync!!!

but my server doesnt read do what i build it for

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 07:51:05
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 07:51:05