Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / rigid body dynamics, retro style

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2003 03:36
As my first attempt at rigid body physics and my first project using DarkBasic, it was a bit ambitious to try and finish a game in time for the retro competition (wasn’t even close).

What I have here is the first playable state of my recreation of the classic Thrust on the BBC (and I think C64). If you’ve never heard of it, it was a game of skill where you had to go in your space ship and pick up round things in caves then escape without touching the walls or you died (better than it sounds). Anyway now your ship bounces off stuff, but you still die if the round thing touches the sides.

features: rigid body physics. music (frankly, brilliant :-p) written by me based on the original Thrust music by Rob Hubbard .

Have a play and let me know what you think.
http://hartbeat.port5.com/escapevelocity/escapevelocity_db.zip
andrew11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2003 03:59 Edited at: 12th Apr 2003 04:02
It's really cool.

I like the music. Also the light effects from the thrust. Very fun to play. I heard of a game called "Lunar Lander" like that, but I never heard of "Thrust". It would have been good if you finished in time.

All programmers are playwrights and all computers are lousy actors." -Anon.
<--- Uh... Um... Oh I forgot
davehart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2003 01:28
glad you enjoyed it andrew. I think it has potential to be a really cool game, but I dont think I'll continue using Dark Basic as it's just not powerful enough.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 08:54:42
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 08:54:42