Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Why doesn't anyone play multiplayer?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i keep downloading everyones games and i look but no ones ever on does anyone have a game that people play and if so please link me i want to see what you guys can make sorry if this is a re-post im a noob at this.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2006 14:18
Too many issues attached to MP games so people dont really make many of them or play them.

In theory the MP side of FPSC should add a valuable enhancement to the product as many people like MP gameplay very much.

Apart from anything else - fixing issues and so on - it really needs incorporatng to the finished game product so that MP gameplay of one kind or another can be in built as part of a final game .exe and not as individual separate stand alone .exe levels.

Currently anyone therefore producing a large game could end up with a massive game size. Theres no other way around it whilst FPSC outputs such large file sizes to the final game folder when compiling.

Either one has a game composed of a single game.exe or many.

There would be ways to reduce file sizes but they would at least have to be partially built into the product initially and then users could also do their part in an effort to reduce file sizes when designing their games.

It might be helpful if FPSC compiled into a single compressed game .exe but then again maybe not - anything compressed must be decompressed again at some stage before gameplay and decompression takes time.

Currently I am not sure that FPSC could be trusted to do that even if it could - it would be very likely to miss out vital game files.

We should remember that FPSC by and large allows the user to utilise high quality media in their games - if you do and a lot of it then the result will be a large game size - no real way around that.

"I am and forever will be your friend"
Gemstone Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Now I've been thinking about doing something like that, though, a 'game disc' that has nothing but multiplayer levels for LAN networks. That way, independent gaming and internet cafes can use the game to keep things interesting. That'd be a more commercial purpose and therefore would increase revenues. And because you could put several 'multiplayer' games on the same disc, you could mix it up quite a bit and give the players some variety so they're not playing the same thing all the time.

You two may have just given me a great idea to try.

Formerly JMC...
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2006 18:07
im already working on a Multiplayer game series for a few days.im just reviving my old project and making it better

FPSC-Toolkit in the make.Progress log:
FPSC-Segments 35%---FPSC-Entity 's 0%---FPSC-Signs 0%
FPSC-Decals 0%---FPSC Characters 0%

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 11:39:16
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 11:39:16