Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / question about uploading games

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2006 03:22
hello im trying to upload my game to my website but how do i upload it there are tons of files to choose from anyone help?

"I'm a lean mean speed thingy!" "What about my womanly needs?" "Send the kids to the neighbors cuz i'm coming back loaded!"
DamonV
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2006 03:28
Hello Predator boy,

You will need to zip or rar all of the files within your games folder. You cannot simply upload one file and then expect the game to work, all of those files that are their to choose from, are required for the game to run. However if you zip it, using a program such as WinZip: www.winzip.com
or WinRar: www.rarlabs.com

If neither of those links work, just google WinZip or WinRar and that'll give you the proper links.

Once you have that, rightclick the folder you have all the files in for your game, and choose the option to add them to an archive, or the option just below that.

Good luck.

- Damon
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2006 03:33 Edited at: 1st Sep 2006 03:37
When you Build compile a game FPSC creates a folder for your completed game. It contains or should contain all the needed files in that directory within FPSC on your hard disk. You can find the default location or specify the location in the Build dialogue box. Leaving as is and using the default path is advisable.

Test out your game locally first and if all works OK the you just need to copy that Game folder in its entirity to the location you require in order for to be able to play the game from that location.

If you are talikg about an MP game for playing online - that game folder has to be made available to everyone for downloading to their computer so they can play it. (It cant be played by many just from a copy at a web site) i.e. everyone playing must have a copy of the same exact game and it should reside in the same location on everyones own machine. I just place the game folder in "C Drive" and make a desktop shortcut to the game.exe

"I am and forever will be your friend"
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2006 04:32
You might check FPS Pack out.It will pack all of your files into one .exe.I would still zip or rar it though.

MrMeaty
Years of Service
User Offline
I did all that and when Im extracting the files it asks me for a password The funny thing is, what password are they talkin about? I didnt need to input a password when registering FPSC or anything Im using WinRAR if you didnt know

I like chocolate milk...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 11:41:35
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 11:41:35