Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Poser 5 for free. Ony 4 days offer.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2006 10:57
While you may not be able to use it for FPSC models at all, way to high poly for that, you still could use it to create loading screens and such. So here's the info on the deal.

September 1-4 E-Frontier, the owners of Poser, are giving Poser 5 away for free, throught their content store. It's not the newest version, but it's not old either, the newest version is Poser 6, so this is a good deal. Also I do know some of you use more then one engine (as I do) and perhaps it can be used with one of your other engines also.

If you want to get into character animation and so on, this is a good chance and it's free.

http://www.contentparadise.com/us/user/free_poser_5_english_full_version_product_21989

But beware, even though Poser 5 does have a good selection of characters, animals, clothes and other items, you may end up spending a lot of money on addition content, if you like Poser.

To get an idea what Poser (with additional items) can be used for check out these games, most the gfx have been created with Poser 6 (but there is a good deal of my own design in it also): DragonMania [href=http://www.gamefun4u.nl/page11.html ]http://www.gamefun4u.nl/page11.html [/href]and Caveman's World http://www.gamefun4u.nl/page13.html

You need to create an account at ContentParadise to be able to download Poser 5.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
Gemstone Games
Years of Service
User Offline
It may be a lower version, but for what Poser 5 can do...it's worth the trouble. Even if it ain't able to do low-poly, you can still come up with character designs and images for your game manuals. Overall a useful prog if you know what you're doing.

Formerly JMC...
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2006 17:21
By the way, it's very busy at the site where you can get the free poser. What you can do is add it to your cart, checkout and don't download. You can donwload it later even after the free sale give-away has passed, it will stay it your account for a long time.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
tschwarz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2006 18:27
Thank you for the info Benjamin A, I was always curious about poser.
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2006 05:25
Bahh...now everyone can make decent looking screenies...hehe.

I thoroughly endorse this. I've used Poser since 3....Just hope this doesn't turn the forums into a bunch of "I Cant get a good render" threads, like it is now with all the 3dmax/other stuff. Pick it up though people...Theres mass free stuff around for it including allot from Daz it self.
Gemstone Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, if I remember Poser 4 correctly, even Corky from "Life Goes On" should be able to get a good character with little issues.

Formerly JMC...
Lunarwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Seems like a superb offer - I've always wanted to play around with Poser a bit

I went to the site, and (as Benjamin A says) you need to sign up to get the free program.

I've done this and the last part of the registration process is an email confirmation. I'm still waiting on this... for 2 days now :S

Is anyone else getting problems with receiving a confirmation email? (I am gonna re-register with a different email Addy just in case)
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2006 16:26
I got my e-mail e-mail instantly. I have it ready to download, with my registration number and everything.

-Keith

Lunarwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Aaah nuts. It must just hate me then I "signed up" twice, with two seperate Emails (one Hotmail, the other tiscali) and still nothing.

I'd really like to get a copy of it, but am running out of time
addictinit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2006 22:37
i found the email in my junk box have u tryed that

i got a 10% off any future order when i down loaded it any 1 else get it???
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2006 22:48
I have to get to a high-speed internet site before I download it. I just wanted to make sure I had it in my cart with the serial key before the time ran out to get it.

-Keith

Cut scenes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2006 02:59
Hey i Know that this is a dead thread sorry but i didnt want to make another one Where do i get my serial number ive downloaded everything and all but i can't find my serial number.

"People are easier to search when they're dead."--Captain Barbosa
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2006 06:00
Contact the folks at Daz.
They have a great support team and I am sure they will be happy to help.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 15:19:42
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 15:19:42