Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / What would be right for me?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2006 22:48
I'm designing creating a racing game, more specifically, a remote control car racing game, involving steps, ramps etc.....so more stunts than your average racer, due to it being toy cars.

Right now my issue is physics and AI.

Now, I've been doing my research, and I've come across the Newton physics wrapper for DB Pro, however, only about 2 of the 12 examples work for me, so I don't really know what goes where if you get me, and I've got no help at all in working out the commands and what they do. I'm looking at the Dark Physics package and wonder what would it give me over the wrapper I have already? (Apart from a monstrous licence fee, haha!) Would it be any easier to use? Would it have more commands? Would it be what I'm looking for?

It's like I don't particularly want to spend the money if I don't have to, but I do want something useful to me with some guidance, and something easy to get into.

The other side of the picture is the AI. Now I just want other cars in the race, about 7-9 other cars, and I want them to go from start to finish, and also be able to interact with all the ramps and stunts without bugging up or giving me huge heaps of errors.
Would it be worth getting the Dark AI package? I've downloaded the tutorial, and the commands look easy to use and they're quite powerful, but is there a cheaper or even free alternative? Or should I go with Dark AI?

It's good to do a little research for your game, and even better to get opinions from other people. So what would you suggest for the situation?

Thanks
Phil

www.tornupgaming.com
The home of free games and game projects.
Terrorist Zero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2006 17:59
Bump? T_T
Someone post at least something please! T_T

www.tornupgaming.com
The home of free games and game projects.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 15:24:45
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 15:24:45