Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] MT Inc, the cloaked theif? I think not.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2006 14:29 Edited at: 2nd Sep 2006 14:30
Ok, Maybe I shouldnt post this, but I found this guy was not only ripping other peoples work off to sell, but also taking full credit for the model as his own.

I found out he was talking about a hummer in the scripts forum, he either bought the model or stole it. But thats not the point, the point is he was taking full credit for the model as if he made it.

I found out the model was on turbo squid:

http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/255328

also here is the thread in which he took credit:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=83994&b=23
Gemstone Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2006 14:32 Edited at: 2nd Sep 2006 14:33
So it looks like MT wasn't a one-time offender...

Formerly JMC...
CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2006 15:03
I almost posted on that thread before coming here....
I wont acuse him of anything other then the photo's are property of turbosquid and the modeler.... check it out those pics are the identically the same angle color size etc....

Have you downloaded your CLiPs today.
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2006 15:05
I know I cant acuse him of actually having the models, but he still took full credit for making the model. Its just really sad that he would keep this up for such a long time and keep on defending him self, in favour of him making every thing he says he did.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2006 15:09 Edited at: 2nd Sep 2006 15:10
Higgins,

I think you will find it will at least be looked into.

FPSC Mods are watching closely whats going on around these forums with users distributing materials.

Offenders are known and new ones will be quickly dealt with.

But thanks for keeping your eyes open and pointing out possible breaches of the AUP.

I hope all users will contribute in keeping these forums as they should be.

The Mods do not always see everything and cannot always be aware of the legitimacy of content of all threads so helpful advice in these situations is welcome.

Sometimes its a difficult for a Moderator to make any decision regarding a particular thread or its content if they cannot ascertain the legitimacy or legality of content so any genuine, sincere or helpful advice or information any user can impart can be very valuable in helping Moderators make a correct decison and take appropriate action.

Unfortunately Mods have to make decisons and sometimes even with the best of intentions they may be incorrect and they would like to avoid that if possible to be fair to all.

If in doubt a Mod will still have to make a decision either by giving the benefit of the doubt or not.

Users posting content can help themselves and everyone else by where appropriate making any issues and information as to the legality of such content avilable at the forum for all to clearly see and avoid any conflict of interest.

Thank you for your help and co-operation.

"I am and forever will be your friend"
Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2006 15:33 Edited at: 2nd Sep 2006 15:34
Well, well, well. I thought I could trust MT inc. I talked to him on MSN a few times and he sent me models that he said he had made. Higgins, that model from Turbosquid I doubt he ever bought it because he said he was only 13 years old on his thread and $99 is quite a lot of money to spend on a model if you are only 13. MT inc probably saved that picture of the humvee and uploaded it on his thread. Anyway even if that Turbosquid guy is MT inc I doubt a 13 year old could make all those other models that the guy made like...

I've been modelling for 3 years now since I was 16 and my models even now are not as good as some of the work I have seen on Turbosquid. I have to say I am very disappointed MT inc and those models that I said were very good in his model pack thread were probably never made by him. It just goes to show soem people who have very little experience in modelling take credit for someone elses work, someone else who spent ages making those models.

visit http://teammegabasic.proboards59.com.
Talk about anyhting (gaming, game making, general chat)
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2006 15:50
Ive been modelling on and off over the years, since 2002. I still cant get human anatomy correct, I dought a 13 year old would be able to.
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2006 22:50
Even if you guys are right about mt, a 13 year old could indeed be a better modeller than you higgins, it all depends.

www.Disorder-Creations.com
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2006 22:55
i doubt it,but theres no way im excluding the option of it.

FPSC-Toolkit in the make.Progress log:
FPSC-Segments 35%---FPSC-Entity 's 0%---FPSC-Signs 0%
FPSC-Decals 0%---FPSC Characters 0%
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2006 23:06
It doesn't matter how good he may or may not be, he posted material that wasn't his and took credit for it (even talked about selling it); his ban has been extended.

-Keith

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 11:31:55
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 11:31:55