Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Urban Contest [WIP Thread]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2006 12:57 Edited at: 16th Sep 2006 12:57
I picked this theme thinking people could get off with a possible model pack they could sell, but it seems no one gives a damn about that. I did have another idea, which would have been to design a roller coaster, would that have been more fun?

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2006 13:12
Rollercoaster would have been a cool idea, I have made a spline Rollercoaster making tutorial which may prove useful to people.

I personally though this was a good idea as being one of those CGtalk-esque contests where you model a certain amount of objects over a certain amount of time, and it gave more of a chance for the less organic modellers, however I see people don't feel the same.

If there isn't 3 or more entries in by Monday, I will create a new theme, perhaps using the Rollercoaster idea, because it might be a good'n. Or perhaps have community vote for the next theme.

Crazy Ninja
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2006 16:10
rollercoaster theme hmmm. Thats a good idea but I think it would be better to do a theme park topic instead. i'm trying to think how i would do a rollercoaster with wings. Maybe the challenge would be good for me.

____ ____ ____ ___ _ _ __ _ _ __ _ _ ____
|___ |--< |--| /__ Y | \| | | \| ___| |--|
Insanity Complex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2006 16:11
I liked the urban contest idea. Buildings and signs and stuff are easy to UV Map, so I plan on making an urban set regardless of the compo when I get my computer running.

Problems? Yes I used to have those...until I went insane.
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2006 22:06
Cool Insanity.

Well due to the lack of interest, passed the deadline and the entention, which means unfortunately this what looked to be a great idea had this time failed.

As I pick the theme on failure, I thought I'd take Higgin's second idea, as I think it is brilliant and more original.

To avoid failiure again, what do people feel about have a ROLLERCOASTER contest? Or if not a theme park ride one

Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2006 04:19
Do a theme park ride one. I'd enter that, although not a rollercoaster only one. It's be fun to make up some crazy ride and then model it.

greenlig
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2006 11:15
yeah theme park ride - no poly limit

Blender3D - GIMP - WINXP - DBPro
Crazy Ninja
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2006 12:19
theme park is good. i'll go for it with help from my trusty jaguars

Quote: "no poly limit"

that would be evil...

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2006 14:38
Right good, then I supposed I'll sort out the threads for a theme park one, when I get home of course

No poly limit, you can go insane as you can on this one.

Crazy Ninja
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2006 14:45
no poly limit!?!?!?! i'm gonna get smoked...

but i've already started muhahahaha.

The crazy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2006 16:35
yaaaaaaaayyyyyyy! This is gonna be awesome!

Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2006 21:18
Yar!!!! Tis a good day!! Me ride'll be pirate themed in honor of Talk Like a Pirate Day. All ye scurvy sea dogs should be made to walk the plank if ye lose!

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2006 22:07 Edited at: 19th Sep 2006 22:07
yaaaar I'll drink me grog to that!

Damn you boy! The idea of a Guybrush Threepwood/Monkey Island rollercoaster ride hit me.

Sorry guys, gonna have to arrange this when I have more free time, apologies.

The crazy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2006 00:54
Arrrrrr!

Crazy Ninja
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2006 01:54
Quote: "The idea of a Guybrush Threepwood/Monkey Island rollercoaster ride hit me.

Sorry guys, gonna have to arrange this when I have more free time, apologies."

WHAT?!?!?! How come you get to rearrange all the contests and stuff? I already started me WIP! I guess its okay but still, my jaguars are gonna eat you.
SO what IS the NEXT contest gonna be ABOUT?

Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2006 03:52 Edited at: 20th Sep 2006 05:10
ARRRR!!!!

Post the threads soon, ye scurvy dog, or I'll make ye ride the Pirate Drop 'O Doom: Journy to Davey Jones Locker. True, that be the name of me ride, but I'll build it and make ye ride it if ye force me ter! It shant be a ride yer forget, if ye return a breathin' at all.

Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2006 04:40
I liked the urban theme, but I had to leave town and hence my computer. Still away with only my mactop for a few more days.

If I could make a suggestion for a possible future theme, how about a 9-11 memorial momument? I know we have a lot of ppl on here from the UK and not sure how much news it made over there, but here it was major.

"Using Unix is the computing equivalent of listening only to music by David Cassidy" - Rob Pike
greenlig
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2006 06:58
lol, i'm from australia and we had like 3 days solid coverage when it happened. I was watching TV when it happened to. I'm sure they know of its significance

Blender3D - GIMP - WINXP - DBPro
Insanity Complex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2006 18:06
If you like, Sepp, I could help you out setting up the Theme Park Ride compo, hell, I've been around here long enough to understand how it's 'sposed to work out.

Problems? Yes I used to have those...until I went insane.
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2006 19:21
Quote: "WHAT?!?!?! How come you get to rearrange all the contests and stuff? I already started me WIP! I guess its okay but still, my jaguars are gonna eat you"

Because I run them, I'm changing it over, nobody entered by the date required, even after the extension as some appeared to want to do it, but never entered. So instead of wasting time with another extension with maybe 1 or 2 entries, I am going with the next one. The next one is Theme Park based on Higgin's second idea of rollercoasters.

As for the threads, I'll do them on my return, just got to do something else, probaly will take 15-30 minutes.

Crazy Ninja
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2006 13:48
okay. I thought you meant that you weren't going to do the theme park contest idea. All cleared up now. I shall not release my jaguars upon you. Thanks Seppuku. Now to work on my WIP (if i have time)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 20:56:46
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 20:56:46