Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / phy set rigid body rotation BUG!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2006 16:18
Quote: "Description:

This command is useful for resetting objects rotations on level reload etc.
"

So... i think this comand turns the object to a direction. so if i turn it twice to the same values it will keep facing the same direction right?

But when i call this in the game loop:

phy set rigid body rotation 3, 0.2, 0, 0

The object starts to flip crazly! it should keep pointing to tath direction, not rotating! why does it happens?

Sorry for my bad inglish!
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2006 16:29
If it is reacting with something else then it will move, or enters the collision zone of another entity then it will try and correct itself.

Zizaco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2006 17:29
I know that it shoud happens... but it dont! thats the problem

geecee3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2006 23:34
i'm suffering from the same problem here.

phy set rigid body rotation ID#,x#,y#,z# has definate issues, the object should not be carrying any momentum or velocities after being manually rotated to a specific orientation. even if its not a kinematic object. setting angular velocities and momentum to 0.0 on all axis seems to just have other wierd effects on the object after rotation.

can someone else please try to manually change an objects orientation before and after applying local forces to verify this problem.

you should see your object do some cool offset rotation thing, or just go nuts and start breakdancing. lol.

cheers, grant.

Ohd Chinese Ploverb say : Wise Eskimo, not eat yerrow snow.
Zizaco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2006 15:03
Im not really good in inglish, but i think it's a bug, the comand doesnt do what it should.
I've checked from the ageia docs at they website, and this comand is bugged in dark physics...

Pls, can someone post this in bug reports?

geecee3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2006 23:17
zizaco, on further thought, manually changing a rigid body rotation mid simulation will screw up some of the engine optomizations, the only way around this may be to use kinematic actors.

i'll check further with mike on monday morning first thing.

cheers, grant.

Ohd Chinese Ploverb say : Wise Eskimo, not eat yerrow snow.
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2006 11:31
That command should reset the rotation just like phy set rigid body position resets the position. All it does is skip all calculations between the old and new position / rotation.

You can work around it by deleting the body, applying new rotation to the object, and recreating the body. Sloppy, but it would work until the command is fixed.

To help you out, you should encapsulate the temporary rotation commands in a single function, then all you have to do is replace that function with the fixed command.

Come see the WIP!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 09:02:00
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 09:02:00