Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Site, need tips and all that jazz :)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2006 06:07 Edited at: 8th Sep 2006 06:44
First of all, my new site, which im still not happy with but i really want some advice, on what i should add or remove, since this is my first site.

Having site mods will really help me out here, i'll be giving out mod powers to the site to 2 people if anyone wants to be mod.

But heres the link to my site

http://disorder-creations.com

After you've visited my site, if you guys would be so kind to sign up to my forums

http://disordercreations.jconserv.net/index.php
Yes theyre free forums, but very good ones at that, well atleast i think so.

i'll also be giving out mod powers to well about 5 people if anyone wants it on the forums, just say so here.

Sorry mods if i'm breaking any of the rules

EDIT

Forum Features... Cash system. . . you can buy certain things with enough "gold"

Like, for an example lets say you give me 200 gold *which you get from posting* and ill lock/delete a thread, or a post. . . if you so wish.
With enough gold you can buy moderator, but it will cost ALOT.

Ranking system. . . For how ever many posts you get you get ranked on it. like "newb, junior member, forum addict, senior member, junior moderator" stuff like that.

Tons and Tons of smilies, Yay smilies

Censorship to words that protray to racist/ really foul language.

Forum Groups - that is to come later once i understand more of this system

Personal messaging... and mass mail. . . *i will only mass mail, and will mass mail for members that have a good reason*

Different templates. self explanitory

And more to come once i understand and get more members on the forum

www.Disorder-Creations.com
DJ Professor K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2006 14:23 Edited at: 8th Sep 2006 14:24
I still didn't visit the site, but from what i read here, from your forum features, i have this to say:

If you want to look professional (evan if everyone it's meant to be a "joke" site/forum), don't use anything on the forums, the simplier, the more professional they look, giving it a really good look to strangers who visit your site (and forum).
Why this? Well, you don't see arcade flash games on the EA forums, or cash system on the midway forums.

Remove the massive mass mail thing, this will prevent some jerk goes to your forums and spams to everyone, trust me, on my 2ยบ forum, dedicated to ps2, years ago, i had 1 jerk that ruined it since there wasn't a way to prevent massive subscribes, and massive creation of topics/etc.

It's always cool to have all this, but the truth is, that ruins the look of it and can "help" out lot's of jerks out there.

Now remember, these are simple opinions, you don't have to take them serious.

EDIT: Just a little add, in EVERY forum i visited with cash system, for anything (flash games, pictures, etc.) 94% of the people would simply spam to get points/cash so they could do wtf they wanted.

My love is seperated in 2 parts, 1 of them is 3ds Max 7, the other; FPSC.
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2006 06:55
Well to buy anything it has to go thru me, therefore i can deny and ban people who spam, but anyways

Bump

www.Disorder-Creations.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 12:39:14
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 12:39:14