Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

The 20 Line Challenge / Projecctile motion calculator

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
enter an angle of release and press return them enter a velocity and press return. The prog displays:

Initial velocity:
Angle of Projection:
Horizontal velocity(m/s):
Vertical velocity(m/s):
Total time in flight:
Maximum height (m):
Total range of projectile:

These are all ideal world calculations where there is no friction or wind resistance and the only force acting on the projectile is gravity. I am currently writing some edicational software in DarkBasic for high school physics students and i had to figure how to calculate and plot this information. Hope you like it, Enjoy. If there is anyone that can already do this in 3D space with real world physics please email me. Thanks.

email: thecubist1014@yahoo.com
Attreid
Years of Service
User Offline
it's very good
I'll ask my physic teacher how it work in 3d. If she can give me the equation, I'll send you a snippet

Bu$herie
How many civilians is he going to kill ? he's going to burn in hell, and I hope that his pain will make him inderstand !
Damokles
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2003 01:07
Well, I am teaching physics ... honestly.
But I don't have Dark Basic Pro.
But if you want the equation for 3D, it isn't really difficult. Any projectile will move in a 2 dimensional plan, if there is no force to push/pull it out of his 2 dimensional path.
Attreid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2003 21:54 Edited at: 29th May 2003 22:02
Damokles, you are right, there is no difference for the equations, it should be easy to modify it for the 3d

Cubist, I'm sorry, I forgot to ask my teacher, but I think I know how to do that in 3d. you should do that :

x = cos(angley) * cos(angleGround) * speed * time
z = sin(angley) * cos(angleGround) * speed * time
y = (speed * sin(angleGround) * time) - (4.905 * (time^2))

I think that it will work, but I don't teach physics, I'm only a student, so there might be an error

Bu$herie
How many civilians is he going to kill ? he's going to burn in hell, and I hope that his pain will make him inderstand !
Witch Bomber
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2003 04:34
I'm sure we have something like this on our computers for Higher Physics. Bolt Systems I think it is called. You can set the gravity for the moon or the earth, or just customise it how you like. Anyway, I'm good at Physics and if I could be bothered and it wasn't 1:30 am and someone hadn't already said something I might help you with 3d stuff but I need sleep, so..... actually Attreid's last formula looks ok if it is supposed to be the upwards displacement, ie the max height. it seems to agree with s = ut + 1/2at^2

Quote: "No sober man dances unless he happens to be mad"

If that is the case, what happens when a madman gets drunk?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 17:12:55
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 17:12:55