Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello again all.

I have been stuck for 2 days on this now, so I turn to you guys for help. I am using Dark Physics for a character control system, which for the most part works just fine. But I can´t for the life of me get the character to jump properly. I can get him to jump, but whenever I move forward, he´s stuck to the ground, which I don´t understand.

The jumping-code is executed when jumping and moving forward, but for some reason, he doesn´t move up.

I´ve included a simplified version of the code (no media fx, so bear with me).

Controls are arrowkeys/asdw and spacekey to jump.

I would much appreciate it if someone could take a look at it.

It´s built partly with the perfect 60 fps example but I doubt that has anything to do with it - just saying so you don´t think I´m trying to take credit for that piece of code, which I´m not.

it also seems that the "gravity" force is applied much more forcefully when moving forward, which could explain why the jumping doesn´t take place - the added "gravity" simply kills the upwards force of the jump. However this gravity seems built into DP, and I can´t for the life of me get rid of it (which is very annoying).

Thanks in advance!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 08:41:16
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 08:41:16