Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / tempo of footsteps ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
So, I've been playing with FPSC for some time now and I'm finally getting the hang of things.

But there's one thing that's been bothering me: the footsteps! No, I don't mean the sound files themself, but the tempo of how often they're played when player moves. Especially when player starts to run the tempo sounds bit too fast.
I've tried checking some .fpi -files, but I didn't find anything that could change the thing. Any suggestions what to do? I have similiar problem with rate of fire (of player's equiped weapons), but I saw another thread about it...
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm pretty sure the tempo is tied to the sound file used for the footstep. Just add some addtional silence to the end of the wav file. That way the sound loop will be longer, and hence be "slower".

----------------------------------------
"Your mom went to college."
My FPSC stuff at http://hyrumark.zftp.com/FPSC/hyrumarkfpsc.htm
Doggy
Years of Service
User Offline
Bumbing my own thread, really looking for other ways.
Of course I could edit the sound files by adding a few moments of silence to the end, but the problem would still remain.

Reason I'm trying to edit the "tempo" of footsteps is that they simply play too often, especially if you increase player's movement speed. For speed 100 and below the sound may be ok and can be covered with edited sound files, but try changing it to something like 200 (which is pretty much equal to basic "hold [SHIFT]"-running speed), they really play way too rapidly, making it sound a bit comical.
Kinda conserning the same problem, is there a way to edit the [SHIFT]-running speed?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 12:49:04
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 12:49:04