Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / UNIQUE copyright question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2006 15:58
Okay, first off, this isn't exactly related to actual game creation, but it does have to do with FPSC. To tell the truth, it does sound kind of like a 'dumb' question, but I need to know, so I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. Actually, its quite an easy question, or at least I hope it is. Anyways.

Are we allowed to use FPSC for other uses commercially? Like for visual communication type projects? See, Im thinking about starting to get into 2D illustration, comic books more the like, and basically what I would like to do is setup actual scenes from a level and take screenshots, then modify the images in photoshop and put them together to make a story, and if this idea works out well, I would like to know if there are any kind of 'legal' issues involved with this. Any help would be great for anybody, thank you.

Straight outta compton
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 12th Sep 2006 16:11
Quote: "We are pleased to announce that there are NO license restrictions on FPS Creator. You can sell whatever you make and do not have to pay us any royalties.
"

from TGS Website, FPSCreator

emphasis is mine.

The forum provides a means to hide our true identity. Too bad we always screw up and let it be seen.

TheDude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2006 16:17
Ahhhhh, it says 'whatever'. Okay. I got it. Thank you very much.

Straight outta compton
DJ Professor K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2006 16:18
The really only restrictions is that you can only use FPSC media on FPSC program (not on other programs), after that, you cna do what ever you want.

But please, read the terms of use for more info related on this.

My love is seperated in 2 parts, 1 of them is 3ds Max 7, the other; FPSC.
TheDude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2006 16:24
Oh geez, now im getting second thoughts.

Straight outta compton
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 12th Sep 2006 16:30
Quote: "Oh geez, now im getting second thoughts."

No worries, your not using FPSC media in another program besides FPSC, are you? Do you have a cartoon creation program that uses the media from FPSC? I don't think so.

You are free do as you wish with with whatever you create in FPSC.

The forum provides a means to hide our true identity. Too bad we always screw up and let it be seen.

TheDude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2006 16:35
Okay, good. Im back to normal, lol. Thanks for your help everybody!

Straight outta compton
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2006 01:38
Funny.... I'm trying to get it the other way around. Get my comics into FPSC

As long as you use images and not actual models, you're fine.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
Rocky Raccoon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2006 03:50
Great idea on the cartoon creation!!

You should be ok for the media that comes with FPSC because they implied no restriction unlike thier 3d game maker product, and the company, conitec's 3dwc game maker.

You will of course need to have a license (rights) to any media you put into FPSC from external sources like model, grahpics etc...

And you can't make a simpson's cartoon, (unless you own the right to the simpson's)

I had a similar idea of using it to create screen shots for other projects of mine where a 'scene' type graphic is needed.

However I just finished working for an amusement company in May and was able to pick up a cheap MS-PACMAN for 35 bucks.

I now have a mini-PC inside the cabinet now and is awaiting WindowsXP embedded to come in the mail.

When finished I'll have a good test bed for my idea of using FPSC to create an arcade game better than my current DOS based flight sim arcade game.

Good luck on your cartoons.

Rocky Raccoon

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 12:50:26
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 12:50:26